Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Penalize'
Penalize Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : impose a penalty on; inflict punishment on; "The students
were penalized for showing up late for class"; "we had to
punish the dog for soiling the floor again" [syn: punish,
- Penalize \Pe"nal*ize\, v. t.
- To make penal.
- (Sport.) To put a penalty on. See Penalty,
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Penalize'
- Penalized present value: The risk-adjusted rate of return method penalizes risk by increasing the discount rate when calculating the Net Present Value (NPV), and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Penalize'
Penalize Sample Sentences in News
- AP Exclusive: Health reforms penalize some Indians
When Liz DeRouen needs any kind of health care services, from diabetes counseling to a dental cleaning, she checks into a government-funded clinic in Northern California's wine country that covers all ... Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'
- Health reforms penalize some Indians
SAN FRANCISCO — When Liz DeRouen needs any kind of health care services, from diabetes counseling to a dental cleaning, she checks into a government-funded clinic in Northern California’s wine country that covers all her medical needs. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'
- Feds penalize Sandia Labs millions
Sandia National Laboratory’s recent safety record is so bad, it’s been chastised by an internal review board, condemned by the federal government and cost taxpayers millions of dollars, according to two confidential reports. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'