Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Penalize'
Penalize Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : impose a penalty on; inflict punishment on; "The students
were penalized for showing up late for class"; "we had to
punish the dog for soiling the floor again" [syn: punish,
- Penalize \Pe"nal*ize\, v. t.
- To make penal.
- (Sport.) To put a penalty on. See Penalty,
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Penalize'
- Penalized present value: The risk-adjusted rate of return method penalizes risk by increasing the discount rate when calculating the Net Present Value (NPV), and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Penalize'
Penalize Sample Sentences in News
- Riley Cooper signs new contract; supports proposal to penalize NFL players for racial slurs
Evan Bleier PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 27 (UPI) -- Philadelphia Eagles re-sign wide receiver Riley Cooper to a long-term extension that is reportedly worth $25 million over five years. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'
- Riley Cooper says plan to penalize players using racial slurs is good idea
The Eagles wide receiver signed a five-year deal and talked about a potential rule change to penalize players using racial slurs. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'
- StubHub to penalize brokers reselling Yankees tickets
Following Derek Jeter’s retirement announcement on Feb. 13, ticket prices for Yankees games — especially the final home game of the 2014 season — skyrocketed. Some brokers sold tickets to the game before Jeter’s announcement, then re-listed them when prices jumped to make a bigger profit. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'