Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Penalize'
Penalize Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : impose a penalty on; inflict punishment on; "The students
were penalized for showing up late for class"; "we had to
punish the dog for soiling the floor again" [syn: punish,
- Penalize \Pe"nal*ize\, v. t.
- To make penal.
- (Sport.) To put a penalty on. See Penalty,
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Penalize'
- Penalized present value: The risk-adjusted rate of return method penalizes risk by increasing the discount rate when calculating the Net Present Value (NPV), and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Penalize'
Penalize Sample Sentences in News
- Metra won't penalize railroad partners for chronic delays
'Attack mode' won't help cut delays, boost service, officials say Metra won't penalize the freight railroads that operate four of its busiest lines for chronic delays and other service meltdowns, because it's vital to maintain friendly partnerships, officials said Friday. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'
- Facebook to Penalize ‘Spammy’ Pages
Facebook said it will penalize the operators of pages that blast spam into people's news feeds. Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'
- WILLIAMS: What crime have I committed?
ANALYSIS/OPINION: It is fundamentally flawed to penalize someone for engaging in free enterprise and free thought. Thinking about it objectively, how can we penalize someone for his thoughts rather than his actions? Furthermore, we penalize people for thoughts that promote diversity, minority ownership and free enterprise — ideals that invigorate ... Read more on this news related to 'Penalize'