Parietal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of or relating to or associated with the parietal bones in the cranium; "parietal lobe"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Parietal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Parietal'
- Parietal: Parietal (literally "belonging to walls") may refer to: Parietal art, artwork done on cave walls or large blocks of stone Parietal callus, feature of the
- Parietal lobe: The parietal lobe is one of the four major lobes of the cerebral cortex in the brain of mammals. The parietal lobe is positioned above the occipital lobe
- Parietal bone: The parietal bones /pəˈraɪᵻtəl/ are two bones in the human skull which, when joined together at a fibrous joint, form the sides and roof of the cranium
- Parietal eminence: external surface of the parietal bone is convex, smooth, and marked near the center by an eminence, the parietal eminence (parietal tuber), which indicates
- Parietal cell: Parietal cells (also known as oxyntic or delomorphous cells), are the epithelial cells that secrete hydrochloric acid (HCl) and intrinsic factor. These
- Parietal eye: A parietal eye, also known as a third eye or pineal eye, is a part of the epithalamus present in some animal species. The eye is photoreceptive and is
- Parietal scales: Parietal scale refers to the scales of a snake which are on the head of the snake and are connected to the frontals towards the posterior. These scales
- Parietal foramen: The parietal foramen is an opening for the parietal emissary vein, which drains into the superior sagittal sinus. Occasionally, a small branch of the
- Superior parietal lobule: The superior parietal lobule is bounded in front by the upper part of the postcentral sulcus, but is usually connected with the postcentral gyrus above
- Parietal branch: Parietal branch (a branch near the parietal bone) may refer to: parietal branch of superficial temporal artery parietal branch of the middle meningeal