Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pare'
Pare Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- decrease gradually or bit by bit [syn: pare down]
- cut small bits or pare shavings from; "whittle a piece of wood" [syn: whittle]
- strip the skin off; "pare apples" [syn: skin, peel]
- remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber" [syn: trim]
- Pare \Pare\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pared; p. pr. & vb. n.
Paring.] [F. parer to pare, as a horse's hoofs, to dress or
curry, as, leather, to clear, as anchors or cables, to parry,
ward off, fr. L. parare to prepare. Cf. Empire, Parade,
Pardon, Parry, Prepare.]
- To cut off, or shave off, the superficial substance or extremities of; as, to pare an apple; to pare a horse's hoof.
- To remove; to separate; to cut or shave, as the skin, ring, or outside part, from anything; -- followed by off or away; as; to pare off the ring of fruit; to pare away redundancies.
- Fig.: To diminish the bulk of; to reduce; to lessen. The king began to pare a little the privilege of clergy. --Bacon.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pare'
- Pare: Pare may refer to: Pare people , members of an ethnic group indigenous to the Pare Mountains of northern Tanzania. Pare language , a Bantu ...
- Pare Mountains: The Pare Mountains are a mountain range in north eastern Tanzania , north west of the Usambara Mountains . North and South Pare ranges, ...
- Pare people: The Pare (pronounced “Pahray”) people are members of an ethnic group indigenous to the Pare Mountains of northern Tanzania , which are ...
- Pare language: Pare, also known as Kipare, Asu, Chasu, Athu or Chathu, is a Bantu language (Northeast Coast Bantu , geographic group G.22) closely related ...
- PARE (aviation): In aviation , PARE is a mnemonic for a generic spin recovery technique applicable to many types of fixed-wing aircraft . Overview ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pare'
Pare Sample Sentences in News
- Giants pare their roster down to the required 53
The Giants made a slew of moves Saturday to pare their roster down to the required 53 for the regular season.The players on that list are DT Kelcy Quarles, QB Curtis Painter, FB John Conner, TE Kellen Davis, DE Israel Idonije, CB Bennett Jackson, OT Rogers Gaines, RB Michael Cox, WR Julian Talley, RB Kendall Gaskins, OT Mark Asper, OT Adam Gress, G Jamaal Johnson- Read more on this news related to 'Pare'
- Chiefs pare roster down to 53
The Chiefs have announced their final round of cuts and other moves to reach the league-mandated roster of 53 players. Read more on this news related to 'Pare'
- Futures Pare Gains on Anemic Consumer Spending But Still Positive on Bargain-Hunting
Futures Pare Gains on Anemic Consumer Spending But Still Positive on Bargain-Hunting Read more on this news related to 'Pare'