Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pare'
Pare Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- decrease gradually or bit by bit [syn: pare down]
- cut small bits or pare shavings from; "whittle a piece of wood" [syn: whittle]
- strip the skin off; "pare apples" [syn: skin, peel]
- remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber" [syn: trim]
- Pare \Pare\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pared; p. pr. & vb. n.
Paring.] [F. parer to pare, as a horse's hoofs, to dress or
curry, as, leather, to clear, as anchors or cables, to parry,
ward off, fr. L. parare to prepare. Cf. Empire, Parade,
Pardon, Parry, Prepare.]
- To cut off, or shave off, the superficial substance or extremities of; as, to pare an apple; to pare a horse's hoof.
- To remove; to separate; to cut or shave, as the skin, ring, or outside part, from anything; -- followed by off or away; as; to pare off the ring of fruit; to pare away redundancies.
- Fig.: To diminish the bulk of; to reduce; to lessen. The king began to pare a little the privilege of clergy. --Bacon.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pare'
- Pare: Pare may refer to: Pare people , members of an ethnic group indigenous to the Pare Mountains of northern Tanzania. Pare language , a Bantu ...
- Pare Mountains: The Pare Mountains are a mountain range in north eastern Tanzania , north west of the Usambara Mountains . North and South Pare ranges, ...
- Pare people: The Pare (pronounced “Pahray”) people are members of an ethnic group indigenous to the Pare Mountains of northern Tanzania , which are ...
- Pare language: Pare, also known as Kipare, Asu, Chasu, Athu or Chathu, is a Bantu language (Northeast Coast Bantu , geographic group G.22) closely related ...
- PARE (aviation): In aviation , PARE is a mnemonic for a generic spin recovery technique applicable to many types of fixed-wing aircraft . Overview ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pare'
Pare Sample Sentences in News
- Stock futures pare losses further after jobs report
Stock futures pare losses further after jobs report Read more on this news related to 'Pare'
- Futures pare losses after payrolls report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures pared losses on Friday, after payrolls data in July fell short of expectations, giving the Federal Reserve room to keep interest rates low for a while. S&P 500 e-mini futures fell 3.75 points and were above/below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to e Read more on this news related to 'Pare'
- Futures Pare Losses as Jobs Data Miss Views
Stock-index futures fell Friday as traders fretted over the Fed's plans to cut its stimulus program. However, weak jobs data helped cool those worries. Read more on this news related to 'Pare'