Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pare'
Pare Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- decrease gradually or bit by bit [syn: pare down]
- cut small bits or pare shavings from; "whittle a piece of wood" [syn: whittle]
- strip the skin off; "pare apples" [syn: skin, peel]
- remove the edges from and cut down to the desired size; "pare one's fingernails"; "trim the photograph"; "trim lumber" [syn: trim]
- Pare \Pare\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pared; p. pr. & vb. n.
Paring.] [F. parer to pare, as a horse's hoofs, to dress or
curry, as, leather, to clear, as anchors or cables, to parry,
ward off, fr. L. parare to prepare. Cf. Empire, Parade,
Pardon, Parry, Prepare.]
- To cut off, or shave off, the superficial substance or extremities of; as, to pare an apple; to pare a horse's hoof.
- To remove; to separate; to cut or shave, as the skin, ring, or outside part, from anything; -- followed by off or away; as; to pare off the ring of fruit; to pare away redundancies.
- Fig.: To diminish the bulk of; to reduce; to lessen. The king began to pare a little the privilege of clergy. --Bacon.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pare'
- Pare: Pare may refer to: Pare people , members of an ethnic group indigenous to the Pare Mountains of northern Tanzania. Pare language , a Bantu ...
- Pare Mountains: The Pare Mountains are a mountain range in north eastern Tanzania , north west of the Usambara Mountains . North and South Pare ranges, ...
- Pare people: The Pare (pronounced “Pahray”) people are members of an ethnic group indigenous to the Pare Mountains of northern Tanzania , which are ...
- Pare language: Pare, also known as Kipare, Asu, Chasu, Athu or Chathu, is a Bantu language (Northeast Coast Bantu , geographic group G.22) closely related ...
- PARE (aviation): In aviation , PARE is a mnemonic for a generic spin recovery technique applicable to many types of fixed-wing aircraft . Overview ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pare'
Pare Sample Sentences in News
- Nickel Extends Drop to Pare Weekly Gain as Rally Seen Excessive
Nickel extended losses from a 14- month high, paring a fourth weekly advance, as a technical indicator signaled to some investors that the gains were excessive. Read more on this news related to 'Pare'
- Treasury Bonds Pare Losses on Ukraine Concerns
Treasury Bonds Pare Losses on Ukraine Concerns Read more on this news related to 'Pare'
- Asian Stocks Pare Early Gains After China Data
Asian Stocks Pare Early Gains After China Data Read more on this news related to 'Pare'