Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pacos'
- Paco \Pa"co\, Pacos \Pa"cos\, n. [Sp. paco, fr. Peruv. paco. Cf.
- (Zo["o]l.) Same as Alpaca.
- [Peruv. paco, pacu, red, reddish, reddish ore containing silver; perh. a different word.] (Min.) An earthy-looking ore, consisting of brown oxide of iron with minute particles of native silver. --Ure.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pacos'
Paços (pronunciation: pa-sos, comes from the word paços which means steps) refers to nobility houses (normally to the King's house) were normally there were a frontal square, were we could ear the steps (passos-paços), of those wo came for audition ...in the present days, all of these palaces are gone except the one of Sintra and 2 or 3 more, but the name remained, leading many people to think that is a denomination for parish, Portugal:[See more about Pacos at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Pacos'
Pacos Sample Sentences in News
- Soccer-Portuguese championship results and standings
April 19 (Infostrada Sports) - Results and standings from the Portuguese championship matches on Saturday Saturday, April 19 Belenenses 0 Sporting 1 Maritimo 3 Academica 1 FC Pacos de Ferreira 0 Nacional Madeira 5 Gil Vicente 0 Estoril 0 Standings P W D L F A Pts 1 Benfica 27 22 4 1 54 15 70 2 Sporting 28 20 6 2 53 18 66 -------------------------3 Porto 27 17 4 6 Read more on this news related to 'Pacos'
- Sporting wins 3-1 at Pacos to close on Benfica
LISBON, Portugal (AP) — Sporting Lisbon won 3-1 at Pacos Ferreira on Saturday, provisionally cutting into Benfica's lead of the Portuguese league. Read more on this news related to 'Pacos'
- Primeira Liga: Estoril 1 Pacos de Ferreira 0
Estoril maintained their slim hopes of a UEFA Champions League place while inflicting a blow on lowly Pacos de Ferreira in 1-0 win on Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Pacos'