Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pacing'
Pacing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- (music) the speed at which a composition is to be played [syn: tempo]
- walking with slow regular strides
- Pace \Pace\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Paced; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To go; to walk; specifically, to move with regular or measured steps. ``I paced on slowly.'' --Pope. ``With speed so pace.'' --Shak.
- To proceed; to pass on. [Obs.] Or [ere] that I further in this tale pace. --Chaucer.
- To move quickly by lifting the legs on the same side together, as a horse; to amble with rapidity; to rack.
- To pass away; to die. [Obs.] --Chaucer.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pacing'
- Pacing: Pacing may refer to: Pacing (horse gait), a ... Cardiac pacing, regulation of the heart rate , generally in the sense of artificial methods: ...
- Pacing (forestry): Pacing A reasonably easy and quick method of measuring distance in the field is by pacing http://www. cnr. berkeley. departments/espm/extension/PACING. ...
- Transcutaneous pacing: Transcutaneous pacing (also called external pacing) is a temporary means of pacing a patient's heart during a medical emergency. ...
- Transvenous pacing: Transvenous cardiac pacing, also called endocardial pacing, is a potentially life saving intervention used primarily to correct profound ...
- Phrenic Nerve Pacing: Phrenic Nerve Pacing (PNP) or diaphragm pacing, is the rhythmic application of electrical impulses to the diaphragm, resulting in ...