Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pachyderm'
Pachyderm Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : any of various nonruminant hoofed mammals having very thick
skin: elephant; rhinoceros; hippopotamus
- Pachyderm \Pach"y*derm\, n. [Cf. F. pachyderme.] (Zo["o]l.)
One of the Pachydermata.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pachyderm'
- Pachyderm: Pachyderm may refer to one of the pachydermata , an obsolete order of mammals which included: Elephant s. Rhinoceros es. Hippopotami ...
- Pachyderma: Pachyderma is the thickening of skin like that of a pachyderm It occurs in the condition Pachydermoperiostosis ; an X-linked genetic ...
- Pachydermata: exception of other ungulate s; and anatomical characters support the affinities of "Pachyderm" mammals to each other and to other ungulates. ...
- Pachyderm Studio: Pachyderm Recording Studio is a residential recording studio located in rural Cannon Falls, Minnesota , United States , 35.8 mi (57.6 km) ...
- Southbound Pachyderm: "Southbound Pachyderm" is a song by Primus , from their album Tales from the Punchbowl . The song is dominated by Larry LaLonde 's guitar ...
- White elephant (pachyderm): Image:RoyalWhiteElephant. jpg | A royal white elephant A white elephant (also albino elephant) is a rare kind of elephant , but not a ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pachyderm'
Pachyderm Sample Sentences in News
- Pampered pachyderm enjoys pregnancy perks
Nearing the end of her pregnancy, one lucky Tucson gal is being treated to all the pampering a soon-to-be mama deserves. Read more on this news related to 'Pachyderm'
- Elephants Have Stronger Sense of Smell Than Dogs or Rats, Sniffs Out Study
Bomb detection squads may switch from dogs to elephants going by a recent study by Japanese scientists that proclaims the pachyderm as the species with a strongest sense of smell. Just like the trunk that is long, the African elephant's genome contains a long chain of olfactory receptor genes, nearly 2,000, says the study in the journal Genome Research. This m Read more on this news related to 'Pachyderm'
- This Just In
The famed prognosticating pachyderm Nelly has make her pick, with a kick, for today's World Cup match between Brazil and Germany. See whom she selected as the winner. Read more on this news related to 'Pachyderm'