Overhaul Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- periodic maintenance on a car or machine; "it was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
- make repairs or adjustments to; "You should overhaul your car engine"
- travel past; "The sports car passed all the trucks"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- periodic maintenance on a car or machine; "it was time for an overhaul on the tractor" ,
- the act of improving by renewing and restoring; "they are pursuing a general program of renovation to the entire property"; "a major overhal of the healthcare system was proposed"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Overhaul'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Overhaul'
- Overhaul: Overhaul may refer to: Overhaul (Transformers), a Transformers character. The process of overhauling Distinguish from : Overall Overhaulin', a ...
- Refueling and Overhaul: In the United States Navy , Refueling and Overhaul (ROH) refers to a lengthy process or procedure performed on nuclear-power ed Naval ship ...
- Overhaul (Transformers): Overhaul is the name of two fictional characters in the Transformers universes . The second Overhaul is a fictional character in the ...
- Time between overhaul: Time between overhaul (abbreviated as TBO or TBOH) is the manufacturer's recommended number of running hours or calendar time before an ...
- Celebrity Overhaul: Celebrity Overhaul is a reality television show on Australia's Nine Network in which celebrities undergo a rigorous exercise and diet ...
- Tank Overhaul: Tank Overhaul is a Canadian documentary television program broadcast on the Military Channel (now American Heroes Channel ) starting in ...
- Kansas City Overhaul Base: The Kansas City Overhaul Base is a 1700000 | sqft | m2 | adj on manufacturing and maintenance plant adjacent to Kansas City International ...
Words and phrases related to 'Overhaul'
Overhaul Sample Sentences in News
- Health care overhaul doubts ease for insurers
What a difference a year makes. The nation's biggest health insurers entered last fall cautious about a major coverage expansion initiated by the health care overhaul, the federal law that aims to cover ... Read more on this news related to 'Overhaul'
- Healthcare overhaul ramps up business at WellPoint
WellPoint Inc. raised its 2014 earnings forecast again and trumped third-quarter expectations as the overhaul of the healthcare system adds millions of people to the nation's health insurance rolls, and at a lower cost than was expected at the nation's second-largest health insurer. Read more on this news related to 'Overhaul'
- L.A. County fire chief vows to overhaul hiring procedures
The Los Angeles County fire chief Wednesday said he will overhaul the agency's hiring procedures in response to a Times investigation that found that a large percentage of firefighters given jobs have family ties to the department. Read more on this news related to 'Overhaul'