Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Outright'
adj : without reservation or exception [syn: straight-out, unlimited]
- without restrictions or stipulations or further payments; "buy outright"
- without reservation or concealment; "she asked him outright for a divorce"
- without any delay; "he was killed outright" [syn: instantaneously, instantly, in a flash]
- Outright \Out"right`\, adv.
- Immediately; without delay; at once; as, he was killed outright.
- Completely; utterly. --Cardinal Manning.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Outright'
Outright is a free online bookkeeping website for smaller companies with comparatively simple taxes that provides applications to manage general accounting, taxes and some legal issues.
Kevin Reeth and Ben Curren worked together at Intuit in 2006 and then again at a web-application firm called Esomnie LLC. As a Product Manager and Software Engineer respectively, the two were heavily involved in the development and marketing of Quicken products.
Kevin and Ben had become increasingly frustrated with the complexity of doing taxes for small businesses, so in 2008 they founded a company and Website called BootStrap.
In 2009 the company raised a total of $7.7 million funding from Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Shasta Ventures and SoftTech VC among others.[See more about Outright at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Outright'
'Outright' in famous quotation sentence
* Your mental attitude is someting you can control outright and you must use self-discipline until you create a Positive Mental Attitude -- your mental attitude attracts to you everything that makes you what you are. - Napolean Hill
* Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike. - J. K. Rowling
Click here for more related quotations on 'Outright'
Outright Sample Sentences in News
- Allegations of sexual can be dealt with by the Garda and courts only, say Sinn Féin
‘Sinn Féin rejects outright that we have sought to minimise or cover up cases of abuse’ Read more on this news related to 'Outright'
- Rob Ford vows 'outright war' after Toronto council strips his powers
Embattled Mayor Rob Ford vowed "outright war" after Toronto's City Council voted to strip him of most of his powers Monday in a tumultuous meeting during which a charging Ford knocked down one of its members. Read more on this news related to 'Outright'
- New South Wales beats Tasmania, South Australia downs Victoria to consolidate Shield positions
New South Wales claimed outright victory against Tasmania, with a six-wicket win at Bellerive Oval to consolidate its position on top of the Sheffield Shield ladder. Read more on this news related to 'Outright'