Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Originated'
Originated Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Originate \O*rig"i*nate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Originated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Originating.] [From Origin.]
To give an origin or beginning to; to cause to be; to bring
into existence; to produce as new.
A decomposition of the whole civill and political mass,
for the purpose of originating a new civil order.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Originated'
- Computer Originated World: The Computer Originated World was the method of creating the BBC1 symbol that was used between February 1985 & February 1991. ...
- Stranger-originated life insurance: A stranger-originated life insurance (STOLI) is a life insurance arrangement, in which a stranger initiates an insurance policy against ...
Words and phrases related to 'Originated'
Originated Sample Sentences in News
- Long Drive Competition to return at PGA Championship at Valhalla
The 96th PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club will host the return of the PGA Championship Long Drive Competition, which originated in 1952 when the Championship was conducted at Big Spring Country Club in Louisville. Awards will be given to the top three finishers with winners receiving a money clip inspired by the one that Jack Nicklaus received in the first o Read more on this news related to 'Originated'
- How To Profit From The Death Of The Big Banks
Talk about history repeating itself... The term "banksters" originated in the 1930s, and it was used to describe dishonest or greedy bankers at the height of the Great Read more on this news related to 'Originated'
- Nikki "D" & The Browns Sacred Steel guitar (African American gospel)
Sacred Steel guitar originated in House of God churches in the 1930s when brothers Troman and Willie Eason introduced the instrument to worship services. Read more on this news related to 'Originated'