Optimal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- most desirable possible under a restriction expressed or implied; "an optimum return on capital"; "optimal concentration of a drug"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Optimal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Optimal'
- Optimal design: experiments. For the topic in optimal control theory, see shape optimization. In the design of experiments, optimal designs (or optimum designs) are a class
- Optimal control: of variations by Edward J. McShane. Optimal control can be seen as a control strategy in control theory. Optimal control deals with the problem of finding
- Optimal foraging theory: constraints of the environment. Identifying the optimal decision rule is the primary goal of the OFT. An optimal foraging model generates quantitative predictions
- Optimal substructure: science, a problem is said to have optimal substructure if an optimal solution can be constructed efficiently from optimal solutions of its subproblems. This
- Optimal decision: of finding the optimal decision is a mathematical optimization problem. In practice, few people verify that their decisions are optimal, but instead use
- Optimal tax: Optimal tax theory or the theory of optimal taxation is the study of designing and implementing a tax that reduces inefficiency and distortion in the
- Optimal stopping: pricing of American options). A key example of an optimal stopping problem is the secretary problem. Optimal stopping problems can often be written in the
Words and phrases related to 'Optimal'