Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Oceanic'
Oceanic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- relating to or occurring or living in or frequenting the open ocean; "oceanic islands like Bermuda"; "oceanic currents"; "oceanic birds"; "pelagic organisms"; "pelagic whaling" [syn: pelagic]
- resembling the ocean in apparent limitlessness in extent or degree; "the oceanic violence of his rage"
- constituting or living in the open sea; "oceanic waters"; "oceanic life" n : an eastern subfamily of Malayo-Polynesian languages [syn: Eastern Malayo-Polynesian}]
- Oceanic \O`ce*an"ic\, a. [Cf.F. oc['e]anique. See Ocean.]
- Of or pertaining to the ocean; found or formed in or about, or produced by, the ocean; frequenting the ocean, especially mid-ocean. Petrels are the most a["e]rial and oceanic of birds. --Darwin.
- Of or pertaining to Oceania or its inhabitants.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Oceanic'
- Oceanic: Oceanic may mean: Of or relating to the ocean Of or relating to Oceania A person or the peoples of Oceania, also called "Pacific Islander (s ...
- Oceanic languages: The Oceanic languages are a subgroup of the Austronesian languages , containing approximately 450 languages. The area occupied by speakers ...
- Oceanic climate: An oceanic climate, also called ocean west coast climate, maritime climate, Cascadian climate and British climate for Köppen climate ...
- Oceanic crust: Oceanic crust is the part of Earth's lithosphere that surfaces in the ocean basins. Oceanic crust is primarily composed of mafic rocks ...
- Oceanic Airlines: Oceanic Airlines (sometimes called Oceanic Airways) is a fictional airline used in ... in the Atlantic Ocean , 80 miles south of Miami, Florida . ...
- Oceanic (Isis album): Oceanic is the second full-length album by American post-metal band Isis , ... such as Berlin's The Ocean Collective can also be said to ...
Words and phrases related to 'Oceanic'