Occident Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the hemisphere that includes North and South America
- the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North and South America
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North America and South America ,
- the hemisphere that includes North America and South America
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Occident'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Occident'
- Occident: Occident or The Occident may refer to: The Western world, contrasted with the Orient Occident (film), 2002 Romanian film Occident (movement), French far-right
- From Occident to Orient: From Occident to Orient is a 2007 compilation by English folk/rock singer-songwriter Roy Harper. It was initially released as a collectors item by Vinyl
- Occident (movement): Occident (1964–1968) was a French far-right militant political group, often described as fascist-leaning. A number of members of Occident later were prominent
- Occident (film): Occident is a Romanian film released in 2002, and directed by Cristian Mungiu. It stars Alexandru Papadopol as a 29-year old man named Luci and Anca Androne
- The Occident and American Jewish Advocate: The Occident (1843-1869), was the first general Jewish periodical published in the United States. (The only earlier periodical, Solomon Henry Jackson's
- Compagnie de l'Occident: The Company of the Occident (French: Compagnie de l'Occident) was a French Crown corporation that existed from 1664 to 1667. Its purpose was to exploit
Words and phrases related to 'Occident'
Occident Sample Sentences in News
- The war between Russia and the Occident in Ukraine, by proxies
The possibility that this scenario would occur is extremely high, considering the circumstances that have led to the reunion in Minsk, in the night of February 11 to 12, 2015, and, most of all, what happened after the agreement was signed. Read more on this news related to 'Occident'