Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Objecting'
Objecting Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Object \Ob*ject"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Objected; p. pr. & vb.
n. Objecting.] [L. objectus, p. p. of objicere, obicere, to
throw or put before, to oppose; ob (see Ob-) + jacere to
throw: cf. objecter. See Jet a shooting forth.]
- To set before or against; to bring into opposition; to oppose. [Obs.] Of less account some knight thereto object, Whose loss so great and harmful can not prove. --Fairfax. Some strong impediment or other objecting itself. --Hooker. Pallas to their eyes The mist objected, and condensed the skies. --Pope.
- To offer in opposition as a criminal charge or by way of accusation or reproach; to adduce as an objection or adverse reason. He gave to him to object his heinous crime. --Spencer. Others object the poverty of the nation. --Addison. The book . . . giveth liberty to object any crime against such as are to be ordered. --Whitgift.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Objecting'
Words and phrases related to 'Objecting'
Objecting Sample Sentences in News
- Egyptian Muslim scholars object to 'Noah' film depicting prophet
CAIRO, March 6 (UPI) -- Some Muslim scholars in Egypt are objecting to the upcoming release of biblical film "Noah" because it violates a ban on depicting prophets in art. Read more on this news related to 'Objecting'
- Legislator Objects To Eminent Domain Provision In Trail Bill
State Rep. Melissa Ziobron is objecting to proposed changes in a bill she has sponsored to protect the Air Line hiking trail, saying she doesn't approve of a provision that would allow the state to acquire privately owned stretches along the trail using eminent domain. Read more on this news related to 'Objecting'
- Egyptian Muslim scholars object to 'Noah' film depicting prophet - Middle East Times
Some Muslim scholars in Egypt are objecting to the upcoming release of biblical film "Noah" because it violates a ban on depicting prophets in art. Read more on this news related to 'Objecting'