Notary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document''s validity and to take depositions
Definitions from Wiktionary
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document's validity and to take depositions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Notary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Notary'
- Notary: A notary is a lawyer or person with legal training who is licensed by the state to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular witnessing ...
- Notary public: A notary public (or notary or public notary) in the common law world is a public officer constituted by law to serve the public in non- ...
- Civil law notary: Civil-law notaries, or Latin notaries, are lawyer s of noncontentious private civil law who draft, take, and record legal instrument s ...
- National Notary Association: The National Notary Association is an American nonprofit organization which provides education to and about notaries public . ...
- Keith Notary: Keith Ireland Notary (born January 22, 1960 in Merritt Island, Florida ) is a former American competitive sailor and Olympic silver ...
- Thomas Lee (notary): Thomas Lee (1783 – August 20, 1832) was a notary , merchant and political figure in Lower Canada . He was born Thomas Lée in the town of ...
- Notary public (Florida): In the U.S. state of Florida , a notary public is a public officer appointed by the governor of the state to take acknowledgments, ...
- Notary public (Virginia): Note: The General Assembly has established changes regarding the laws pertaining to notaries public of which take place on July 1, 2007 and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Notary'
Notary Sample Sentences in News
- Lawyer suspended for serving as notary public in Isabela without authorization
A lawyer has been suspended by the Supreme Court from practicing law for two years after he was found to have done notary public work in Isabela province without proper authority. Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- Notary public training offered evenings in Phoenix
For the first time in years, the college is offering the notary public workshop as an evening program, from 6 to 9:30 May 16, at the SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center in the Oswego County Industrial Park off State Route 481 in Phoenix. Continue reading → The post Notary public training offered evenings in Phoenix appeared first on Oswego County Today . Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- Brazilian must register gay unions as marriages
Brazilian notary publics must register same-sex civil unions as marriages if the couple requests it, the country's National Council of Justice said Tuesday. The council that oversees the country's judiciary ... Read more on this news related to 'Notary'