Notary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document''s validity and to take depositions
Definitions from Wiktionary
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document's validity and to take depositions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Notary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Notary'
- Notary: A notary is a lawyer or person with legal training who is licensed by the state to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular witnessing ...
- Notary public: A notary public (or notary or public notary) in the common law world is a public officer constituted by law to serve the public in non- ...
- Civil law notary: Civil-law notaries, or Latin notaries, are lawyer s of noncontentious private civil law who draft, take, and record legal instrument s ...
- National Notary Association: The National Notary Association is an American nonprofit organization which provides education to and about notaries public . ...
- Keith Notary: Keith Ireland Notary (born January 22, 1960 in Merritt Island, Florida ) is a former American competitive sailor and Olympic silver ...
- Thomas Lee (notary): Thomas Lee (1783 – August 20, 1832) was a notary , merchant and political figure in Lower Canada . He was born Thomas Lée in the town of ...
- Notary public (Florida): In the U.S. state of Florida , a notary public is a public officer appointed by the governor of the state to take acknowledgments, ...
- Notary public (Virginia): Note: The General Assembly has established changes regarding the laws pertaining to notaries public of which take place on July 1, 2007 and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Notary'
Notary Sample Sentences in News
- Notary classes offered at SUNY Oswego’s Phoenix and Syracuse centers
The sessions will take place at two locations, SUNY Oswego Phoenix Center in the Oswego County Industrial Park in Phoenix and SUNY Oswego Metro Center in downtown Syracuse. Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- NTC Details Notary Law Best Practices—How to Best Avoid Violations by Upholding Compliance Standards
NTC addresses how to avoid potential notary issues by detailing the best practices that help ensure compliance with notary regulations. (PRWeb July 28, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12048505.htm Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- Fullwood sues state over disqualification as House candidate from Jacksonville
State Rep. Reggie Fullwood went to court Tuesday to fight elections officials' decision to reject his paperwork for this year's election because a notary hadn't checked a box attesting to how she knew he had signed the form. Read more on this news related to 'Notary'