Notary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document''s validity and to take depositions
Definitions from Wiktionary
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document's validity and to take depositions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Notary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Notary'
- Notary: A notary is a lawyer or person with legal training who is licensed by the government to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular ...
- Notary public: A notary public (or notary or public notary) in the common law world is a public officer constituted by law to serve the public in non- ...
- Civil law notary: Civil-law notaries, or Latin notaries, are lawyer s of noncontentious private civil law who draft, take, and record legal instrument s ...
- Terry Notary: Terry Notary is an American actor, stunt co-ordinator/double and movement coach Born in San Rafael , California , Notary was in gymnastics ...
- Digital notary: Digital notary may refer to. ENotary , a notary or notary public who is able to perform notarial acts electronically. Trusted timestamping ...
- Notary public (United States): In the United States , a notary public is a person appointed by a state government , e.g., the governor, lieutenant governor, state ...
- Notary in Georgia: Notary in Georgia a notary is liberal in his (her) profession and performs state authority by means of notary and other associated acts ...
- Keith Notary: Keith Ireland Notary (born January 22, 1960 in Merritt Island, Florida ) is a former American competitive sailor and Olympic silver ...
Words and phrases related to 'Notary'
Notary Sample Sentences in News
- WinDUI's Craig Sturm Offers Free Notary Services in September
Citing an ongoing public need for notarization and a general deficit of appropriate assistance, WinDUI's Craig Sturm announced that his firm would provide complimentary notary services throughout the month ... Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- B.C. notaries’ society on hook for damage payments
The B.C. Society of Notaries Public could be on the hook for paying back part of an alleged $17 million that was diverted into a Ponzi scheme by a notary public, the B.C. Supreme Court has ruled. That could deplete the society’s $3-million special fund, which reimburses clients if they suffer losses due to the action of a notary public. Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- Paris Housing Market Lures Most Foreigners in 15 Years
The proportion of foreigners buying Paris apartments climbed to the highest in 15 years in the first half as they took advantage of falling prices. Foreigners "are confident in French property," Thierry Delesalle, a Paris-based notary, said at a briefing in the city today. Real estate prices in Paris have dropped 3.7 percent since peaking in the third qu Read more on this news related to 'Notary'