Notary Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document''s validity and to take depositions
Definitions from Wiktionary
- someone legally empowered to witness signatures and certify a document's validity and to take depositions
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Notary'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Notary'
- Notary: A notary is a lawyer or person with legal training who is licensed by the government to perform acts in legal affairs, in particular witnessing signatures
- Notary public: related profession in civil law, see Civil law notary. A notary public (or notary or public notary) of the common law is a public officer constituted
- National Notary Association: about notaries public. Originally the California Notary Association, it was established in 1957 by Raymond C. Rothman to support California Notaries Public
- Walter Wagner (notary): Walter Wagner (died 1945) was the notary who married Adolf Hitler to Eva Braun in the Führerbunker on April 29, 1945. Wagner was a lawyer, and a member
- Julian Notary: Julian Notary (1455–1523) was an English printer and bookseller. As a printer of books, Notary frequently collaborated with Wynkyn de Worde. He began
- Keith Notary: Keith Ireland Notary (born January 22, 1960 in Merritt Island, Florida) is a former American competitive sailor and Olympic silver medalist. At the 1992
- Civil law notary: Civil-law notaries, or Latin notaries, are lawyers of noncontentious private civil law who draft, take, and record legal instruments for private parties
- Terry Notary: Terry Notary is an American actor, stunt co-ordinator/double and movement coach. Born in San Rafael, California, Notary was in gymnastics class in school
Words and phrases related to 'Notary'
Notary Sample Sentences in News
- Carpenter jailed for forging Emirates ID card
A carpenter has been jailed for three months for tampering with an Emirates ID card at a notary public office when he went to transfer shares in a company. The 27-year-old Pakistani carpenter, M.N., visited the notary public offices at Al Twar Centre along with a number of partners who hold shares in the company in September. When the Emirati notary public discove Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- Obscure law impacts need for a notary
A Texas law could make it easier for a person overseas or in the hospital to handle legal matters that require a notary public's seal. Read more on this news related to 'Notary'
- Rogue notary Sino General given suspended sentence for unlicenced work
A B.C. Supreme Court judge gave a suspended sentence Thursday to a Vancouver man who acted as a rogue notary for years, officiating documents for Freemen-on-the-Land and others in B.C. In his decision, the judge said he had “no hesitation” finding that Sino General was in contempt of civil court by continuing his unlicensed work as a notary, in defiance of a 2 Read more on this news related to 'Notary'