Nonverbal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- being other than verbal communication; "the study of gestural communication"; "art like gesture is a form of nonverbal expression"
- involving little use of language; "a nonverbal intelligence test"
- lacking verbal skill; "rural students often come from nonverbal backgrounds"
- concerned with numbers rather than words; "the numerical part of the test"; "the nonverbal factor"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Nonverbal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Nonverbal'
- Nonverbal communication: Nonverbal communication is the process of communication through sending and receiving wordless (mostly visual) cues between people. It is sometimes mistakenly
- Nonverbal learning disorder: A nonverbal learning disorder or nonverbal learning disability (NLD or NVLD) is a neurological disorder characterized by a significant discrepancy between
- Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test: The Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT) is a nonverbal measure of general ability. There are three versions of this test, designed by Jack A. Naglieri
Nonverbal Sample Sentences in News
- Research defines more behaviors that reveal romantic attraction
Jeffrey Hall coded 36 verbal flirting behaviors -- such as making compliments, asking questions and revealing information -- and nonverbal flirting behaviors --such as leg-crossing, palming, leaning forward, playing with objects and nodding. The research team found different verbal and nonverbal cues indicated underlying physical attraction for each style. Read more on this news related to 'Nonverbal'
- Study offers new take on flirting science
"Researchers have long known that many verbal and nonverbal behaviors are linked to underlying attraction, but this is the first study to show that different ways of communicating attraction reveal a person's flirting style," says Jeffrey Hall, associate professor of communication studies at the U of K. Flirts with a sincere style -- who communicate Read more on this news related to 'Nonverbal'
- Effective ways to use your body language
(PIX11)– Nonverbal communication is incredibly powerful. Reader’s Digest Health Director Lauren Gelman stopped by to share some body language tricks in order to help us do everything from land a dream job, be more creative, calm kids, and much more. To Land a Job Instead of sitting poised in the waiting room, run through a […] Read more on this news related to 'Nonverbal'