Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Nestor'
Nestor Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- (Greek mythology) a wise old counselor to the Greeks at Troy
- a genus of Psittacidae [syn: genus Nestor]
- Nestor \Nes"tor\, n. (Zo["o]l.)
A genus of parrots with gray heads. of New Zeland and papua,
allied to the cockatoos. See Kaka.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Nestor'
- Nestor: Nestor may refer to: Arts, literature, and entertainment : Nestor (mythology), the son of Neleus, the King of Pylos and Chloris in Greek ...
- Nestor (mythology): In Greek mythology , Nestor of Gerenia. (Νέστωρ Γερήνιος. Nestōr Gerēnios) was the son of Neleus and Chloris and the King of Pylos . ...
- Daniel Nestor: Daniel Mark Nestor (Serbian : Данијел Нестор, Danijel Nestor), born Danijel Nestorović (Данијел Несторовић) on September 4, 1972, in ...
- Nestor the Chronicler: Saint Nestor the Chronicler (c. 1056 - c. 1114, in Kiev ) was the reputed author of the Primary Chronicle , (the earliest East Slavic ...
- Nestor (genus): The genus Nestor is the only genus of the Nestorini tribe . Together with the Kakapo in the Strigopini tribe, they form the small ...
- HMAS Nestor (G02): HMAS Nestor (G02) was an N class destroyer of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). Built in Scotland, Nestor was commissioned in February ...
- Nestor, San Diego: Nestor is a residential neighborhood in the southern section of San Diego , and part of the Otay Mesa-Nestor community planning area. ...
- French ship Nestor (1793): The Nestor was a 74-gun ship of the line of the French Navy . In the night of the 30th December 1794, Nestor was dismasted due to the poor ...
Words and phrases related to 'Nestor'
Meaning of the Name 'Nestor'
- Meaning: Wisdom
- Origin: Greek
- Gender: Male