Nearsightedness Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- (ophthalmology) eyesight abnormality resulting from the eye''s faulty refractive ability; distant objects appear blurred
Definitions from Wiktionary
- (ophthalmology) eyesight abnormality resulting from the eye's faulty refractive ability; distant objects appear blurred
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Nearsightedness'?
Words and phrases related to 'Nearsightedness'
Nearsightedness Sample Sentences in News
- Orthokeratology can correct vision while you sleep
Glasses or contacts can be a thing of the past for youngsters who are developing nearsightedness, thanks to a treatment called orthokeratology. Read more on this news related to 'Nearsightedness'
- Scientists study effects of sunlight to reduce number of nearsighted kids
Kids who spend more time outside are less likely to need glasses for nearsightedness – but scientists don’t know why. Researchers are now looking more closely at physical changes in the eye influenced by outdoor light exposure in the hopes of reducing cases of myopia, which affects one-third of the American population. Read more on this news related to 'Nearsightedness'
- MBKU Finds Success in Identifying Subjects for Clinical Trial, but Still Looking for Additional Participants
Marshall B. Ketchum University is one of seven sites globally participating in the Pediatric Nearsightedness Study and enrolled the most subjects in the month of October. (PRWeb November 11, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/11/prweb12316762.htm Read more on this news related to 'Nearsightedness'