Moose Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male; called elk in Europe and moose in North America
Definitions from Wiktionary
- large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male; called `elk' in Europe and `moose' in North America
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Moose'?
Moose Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A moose (Alces alces; called elk in Europe) is a large deer. Some authorities put the American moose in a different species, Alces americanus.
A male moose is called a bull, a female moose is called a cow, and a young moose is called a calf. A group of moose is called a herd, also known as a fangle. The plural form of moose is "moose."
Moose Sample Sentences in News
- RCMP officers share comfort food of origin with staffers
Growing up, moose meat was comfort food for Const. Ken LaSaga of the Bay St. George RCMP. Read more on this news related to 'Moose'
- How to prepare moose nose, the Gwich'in way
Eating moose meat and other wild game is a huge part of the Northern diet, and, for many First Nations people, it's the moose's nose that's considered a delicacy. Before cooking a moose nose, it must first be singed. Singeing is the process in which the hairs are burnt off the nose itself, leaving a more smooth meat for the actual cook. Decker singes h Read more on this news related to 'Moose'
- Moose Hockey ends losing streak
Brian Hannafin slips one in for a hat trick Saturday night as the Moose play the Minnesota Teddy’s at Snow King Sports and Events Center. Jackson won the game 6-4. Read more on this news related to 'Moose'