Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Moored'
Moored Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Moor \Moor\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Moored; p. pr. & vb. n.
Mooring.] [Prob. fr. D. marren to tie, fasten, or moor a
ship. See Mar.]
- (Naut.) To fix or secure, as a vessel, in a particular place by casting anchor, or by fastening with cables or chains; as, the vessel was moored in the stream; they moored the boat to the wharf.
- Fig.: To secure, or fix firmly. --Brougham.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Moored'
- Moored balloon: A moored balloon is an inflated fabric structure, often shaped like an airship and usually filled with helium , that is restrained by a ...
- Mao-4 moored mine: Moored-4 (锚-4, Mao-4) moored mine developed by Fengxi Machinery Factory (汾西机器厂) was accepted into service in November 1973, and it is the ...
- Hybrid moored balloon: An hybrid moored balloon is a system that remains aloft using both buoyant lighter than air gases and aerodynamic lift . hybrid moored ...
Words and phrases related to 'Moored'
Moored Sample Sentences in News
- Google barge under investigation in San Francisco
City agency launches investigation into whether the mysterious Google barge is being built and moored legally Read more on this news related to 'Moored'
- Google's mystery barge in San Francisco Bay under investigation
The agency that oversees development in the San Francisco Bay in California has begun a formal investigation into the construction of a secretive Google Inc barge on an island in the bay. The probe, which began in the past week, will examine what permits are needed to build the barge and whether the owners of the Treasure Island pier where the vessel is moored hav Read more on this news related to 'Moored'
- Bafflement as yacht sinks in Ruakaka Bay
A yacht moored in the Marlborough Sounds has mysteriously sunk. Read more on this news related to 'Moored'