Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Moaned'
Moaned Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Moan \Moan\ (m[=o]n), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Moaned (m[=o]nd); p.
pr. & vb. n. Moaning.] [AS. m[=ae]nan to moan, also, to
mean; but in the latter sense perh. a different word. Cf.
Mean to intend.]
- To make a low prolonged sound of grief or pain, whether articulate or not; to groan softly and continuously. Unpitied and unheard, where misery moans. --Thomson. Let there bechance him pitiful mischances, To make him moan. --Shak.
- To emit a sound like moan; -- said of things inanimate; as, the wind moans.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Moaned'
Words and phrases related to 'Moaned'
Moaned Sample Sentences in News
- Blame it on the pitch: How Barcelona's eternal excuse always seems to surface
Despite a deserved defeat to Atletico, Dani Alves moaned about the grass at the Calderon on Wednesday — the latest in a long line of Catalan complaints about the playing surface. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'
- Eight reasons why you should pay an estate agent to sell your home
Is an estate agent worth the money? Leading agent Ed Mead, who stars in BBC series Under Offer, explains why his much-moaned about industry really helps. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'
- See Jane Read Guymance fiction defies belief
8220No, no, not again!8221 I moaned as I opened another package of books I hadn't ordered. But that's what happens when you forget to check off the 8220Do not send8221 box and mail this instruction back to your book club. As punishment for being such a ditz, I forced myself to read 8220Standup Guy,8221 the latest... Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'