Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Moaned'
Moaned Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Moan \Moan\ (m[=o]n), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Moaned (m[=o]nd); p.
pr. & vb. n. Moaning.] [AS. m[=ae]nan to moan, also, to
mean; but in the latter sense perh. a different word. Cf.
Mean to intend.]
- To make a low prolonged sound of grief or pain, whether articulate or not; to groan softly and continuously. Unpitied and unheard, where misery moans. --Thomson. Let there bechance him pitiful mischances, To make him moan. --Shak.
- To emit a sound like moan; -- said of things inanimate; as, the wind moans.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Moaned'
Words and phrases related to 'Moaned'
Moaned Sample Sentences in News
- Promote trade with India, says Pakistani daily
A leading Pakistani newspaper Sunday moaned the lost opportunities and called for speedy promotion of trade with India. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'
- Turkey, Egypt, Dominican Republic and Spain among most complained about holiday spots
When it comes to complaints, resort hotspots Turkey, Egypt, Dominican Republic and Spain get holidaymakers seriously hot under the collar - but the most moaned about destination isn't a place at all. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'
- Sale of Champions brings record bids
Cattle moaned, sheep bawled, turkeys gobbled and records fell Saturday at the Junior Fair Livestock Sale at the Marion County Fair. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'