Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Moaned'
Moaned Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Moan \Moan\ (m[=o]n), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Moaned (m[=o]nd); p.
pr. & vb. n. Moaning.] [AS. m[=ae]nan to moan, also, to
mean; but in the latter sense perh. a different word. Cf.
Mean to intend.]
- To make a low prolonged sound of grief or pain, whether articulate or not; to groan softly and continuously. Unpitied and unheard, where misery moans. --Thomson. Let there bechance him pitiful mischances, To make him moan. --Shak.
- To emit a sound like moan; -- said of things inanimate; as, the wind moans.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Moaned'
Words and phrases related to 'Moaned'
Moaned Sample Sentences in News
- With Few Additions, Pressure is On for Whitecaps Youngsters
The cavalry coming isn't coming, as the Whitecaps pretty much stood pat on MLS Roster Freeze Day. By now you've moaned and groaned plenty about the Whitecaps and their lack of moves before the roster freeze on Monday afternoon. Sure, the club added some homegrown talent in Marco Bustos and Kianz Froese, but number one on the Whitecaps shopping list was a p Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'
- Dave moaned with sadness, as sugary at times as a foreman's cuppa: QUENTIN LETTS watches a passionate PM contemplating ...
David Cameron's final speech ahead of Thursday's independence referendum was a thigh-tingler of a speech which from the start was almost entirely positive, writes QUENTIN LETTS. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'
- Oklahoma set to release findings on execution in which inmate gasped and writhed before dying
Oklahoma investigators looking into the execution of an inmate who writhed, moaned and clenched his teeth on a gurney after being injected with three lethal drugs are set to release their findings. Read more on this news related to 'Moaned'