Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mimicking'
Mimicking Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : constituting an imitation; "the mimic warfare of the opera
stage"- Archibald Alison
n : someone who mimics (especially an actor or actress) [syn: mimicker]
v : imitate (a person, a manner, etc.), especially for satirical
effect; "The actor mimicked the President very
accurately" [syn: mime]
[also: mimicking, mimicked]
- Mimic \Mim"ic\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mimicked; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To imitate or ape for sport; to ridicule by imitation. The walk, the words, the gesture, could supply, The habit mimic, and the mien belie. --Dryden.
- (Biol.) To assume a resemblance to (some other organism of a totally different nature, or some surrounding object), as a means of protection or advantage. Syn: To ape; imitate; counterfeit; mock.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mimicking'
- Mimicking Birds: Mimicking Birds is a rock group trio from Portland, Oregon centered around Nate ... com/pm/review/121937-mimicking-birds-mimicking-birds ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mimicking'
Mimicking Sample Sentences in News
- Pa. Boy Suspended for Mimicking Imaginary Weapon
The parents of a 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy who was suspended after pretending to shoot an imaginary bow and arrow are mulling legal action against the school district Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'
- The surprise star of 2013: The 'Prancercise' lady
A year ago, Joanna Rohrback posted an exercise video that showed her mimicking the movements of a horse. Now the future has a "host of possibilities." Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'
- Polly driller: Parrot drives owners mad by mimicking sounds from nearby building site
A pet parrot is making its owners’ life hell by mimicking building site sounds. Simba reels off impressions of beeping lorries, heavy drilling and grinding from construction work on a new community centre near Iain and Michelle Cassie’s home. Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'