Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mimicking'
Mimicking Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : constituting an imitation; "the mimic warfare of the opera
stage"- Archibald Alison
n : someone who mimics (especially an actor or actress) [syn: mimicker]
v : imitate (a person, a manner, etc.), especially for satirical
effect; "The actor mimicked the President very
accurately" [syn: mime]
[also: mimicking, mimicked]
- Mimic \Mim"ic\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mimicked; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To imitate or ape for sport; to ridicule by imitation. The walk, the words, the gesture, could supply, The habit mimic, and the mien belie. --Dryden.
- (Biol.) To assume a resemblance to (some other organism of a totally different nature, or some surrounding object), as a means of protection or advantage. Syn: To ape; imitate; counterfeit; mock.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mimicking'
- Mimicking Birds: Mimicking Birds is a rock group trio from Portland, Oregon centered around Nate ... com/pm/review/121937-mimicking-birds-mimicking-birds ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mimicking'
Mimicking Sample Sentences in News
- Men's Phthalate Levels Linked to Pregnancy Trouble
Women whose male partners have high levels of hormone-mimicking chemicals known as phthalates take longer to become pregnant, according to new research. Similar to bisphenol A (BPA), phthalates are thought to interfere with hormone systems, but whether current levels of people's exposure to these chemicals are dangerous to their health is debated. In a new st Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'
- Conservative Party spoof 'gets overwhelming response'
Today the Conservative Party publically launched a campaign mimicking the Greens call to fund Russell Norman’s defamation defence. Russell Norman is trying to turn his make-believe statements into some sort of moral crusade," says Colin Craig. "The fact is he lied about my viewpoints, and now he’s trying to cover that up." Today’s response was Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'
- Pregame celebrations becoming an event
The traditional tunnel is still made for the starters to run through. But these days, there’s a designated stop at the end. There, the player greets a teammate with a series of gestures that varies from mimicking primping in a mirror to spinning chest bumps. Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'