Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mimicking'
Mimicking Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : constituting an imitation; "the mimic warfare of the opera
stage"- Archibald Alison
n : someone who mimics (especially an actor or actress) [syn: mimicker]
v : imitate (a person, a manner, etc.), especially for satirical
effect; "The actor mimicked the President very
accurately" [syn: mime]
[also: mimicking, mimicked]
- Mimic \Mim"ic\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mimicked; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To imitate or ape for sport; to ridicule by imitation. The walk, the words, the gesture, could supply, The habit mimic, and the mien belie. --Dryden.
- (Biol.) To assume a resemblance to (some other organism of a totally different nature, or some surrounding object), as a means of protection or advantage. Syn: To ape; imitate; counterfeit; mock.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mimicking'
- Mimicking Birds: Mimicking Birds is a rock group trio from Portland, Oregon centered around Nate ... com/pm/review/121937-mimicking-birds-mimicking-birds ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mimicking'
Mimicking Sample Sentences in News
- NEWTOWN TOWNSHIP POLICE: Transient thieves targeting parked vehicles along I-95 corridor
NEWTOWN TOWNSHIP – Parked vehicles up and down the Interstate 95 corridor are being targeted by tactics mimicking the “Felony Lane Gang,” a roaming group of transient thieves from the South Florida (Broward County) area. Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'
- Facebook kills social suicide app Social Roulette
Mimicking the real-life game Russian roulette, the app gave Facebook users a one-in-six chance of deleting their own account before the social network deleted the app. Originally posted at News - Internet & Media Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'
- Marco Belinelli fined $15,000 for mimicking 'Sam Cassell dance,' according to report
Chicago Bulls shooting guard Marco Belinelli received a $15,000 fine from the NBA for an obscene gesture during the fourth quarter of Saturday's 99-93 Game 7 victory over the Brooklyn Nets , Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today reports. After making a key three-pointer in the fourth quarter of the Bulls season-saving win over the weekend, Belinelli did what's known Read more on this news related to 'Mimicking'