Membranophone Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretch across each end
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Membranophone'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Membranophone'
- Membranophone: A membranophone is any musical instrument which produces sound primarily by way of a vibrating stretched membrane. It is one of the four main divisions
- List of Caribbean membranophones: This is a list of membranophones used in the Caribbean music area, including the islands of the Caribbean Sea, as well as the musics of Guyana, Suriname
- List of membranophones by Hornbostel–Sachs number: The Hornbostel-Sachs system of musical instrument classification groups all instruments in which sound is produced primarily through a vibrating membrane