Meditative Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- persistently or morbidly thoughtful
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Meditative'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Meditative'
- Meditative poetry: Meditative poetry combines the religious practice of meditation with verse. It occurs in many cultures, especially in Asian, European and Hindu cultures
- Meditative postures: Various meditative postures have been used in meditation. Sitting, supine, and standing postures are used. The bodily positions applied during Yoga are
Words and phrases related to 'Meditative'
Meditative Sample Sentences in News
- Fremont County Bulletin Board: Fremont County Retired School Employees will meet Friday
9-10 a.m. "Peace in Motion" exercise club meets for relaxing and meditative stretching, balance, Chi Gong and simple dances at Shepherd of the Hills Church, 801 Sheridan Ave. For more information, call 719-320-3753. Read more on this news related to 'Meditative'
- Solar plane pilots turn to yoga to stay fit
The two pilots are using yoga to ensure that they use their 20-minute sleep slots or meditative breaks as efficiently as possible to rejuvenate instead of sleeping at a stretch. Read more on this news related to 'Meditative'
- Grammys 2015: Beck wins the Grammy Award for album of the year
Local singer-songwriter Beck won album of the year for his quiet, meditative “Morning Phase,” an album of hushed orchestrations that was critically lauded for its lush melancholia. Read more on this news related to 'Meditative'