Mariner Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a man who serves as a sailor
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a man who serves as a sailor
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Mariner'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mariner'
- Mariner 6 and 7: wider Mariner program, Mariner 6 and Mariner 7 (Mariner Mars 69A and Mariner Mars 69B) completed the first dual mission to Mars in 1969. Mariner 6 was
- Mariner 3: Mariner 3 (together with Mariner 4 known as Mariner-Mars 1964) was one of two identical deep-space probes designed and built by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Mariner program: The Mariner program was a program conducted by the American space agency NASA in conjunction with Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) that launched a series
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner: For the film, see Rime of the Ancient Mariner (film). The Rime of the Ancient Mariner (originally The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere) is the longest
- Mariner 5: Mariner 5 (Mariner Venus 1967) was a spacecraft of the Mariner program that carried a complement of experiments to probe Venus' atmosphere by radio occultation
- Mariner 8: Mariner-H (Mariner Mars '71), also commonly known as Mariner 8, was (along with Mariner 9) part of the Mariner Mars '71 project. It was intended to go
- Mariner 9: Mariner 9 (Mariner Mars '71 / Mariner-I) was an unmanned NASA space probe that contributed greatly to the exploration of Mars and was part of the Mariner
- Martin PBM Mariner: The Martin PBM Mariner was a patrol bomber flying boat of World War II and the early Cold War period. It was designed to complement the Consolidated PBY
- Mariner 10: launched approximately two years after Mariner 9 and was the last spacecraft in the Mariner program (Mariner 11 and 12 were allocated to the Voyager
Words and phrases related to 'Mariner'
Meaning of the Name 'Mariner'
- Meaning: Lives by the sea
- Origin: Celtic
- Gender: Male
Mariner Sample Sentences in News
- Mariner in distress approximately 46 miles west of Kailua-Kona
The Coast Guard is seeking the public's assistance after receiving a mayday call from a mariner in distress approximately 46 miles west of Kailua-Kona on Thursday. Watchstanders at Sector Honolulu Command Center received a mayday call over VHF radio channel 16 from a distressed mariner at 8:03 a.m. The mariner reported flooding on his small boat and provided a Read more on this news related to 'Mariner'
- 10 minutes with New England analyst Paul Mariner on the Revolution's formula and second-guessing referees
Want to hear from some of the notable names around the league? MLSsoccer.com contributing editor Alicia Rodriguez spends 10 minutes talking to some of the big names in North American soccer. Read more on this news related to 'Mariner'
- Coast Guard seeking public’s assistance in locating vessel in distress
The Coast Guard is seeking the public’s assistance after receiving a mayday call from a mariner in distress approximately 46 miles west of K… Read more on this news related to 'Mariner'