Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mapped'
Mapped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it)
- a function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set [syn: mapping, correspondence] v
- make a map of; show or establish the features of details of; "map the surface of Venus"
- explore or survey for the purpose of making a map; "We haven't even begun to map the many galaxies that we know exist"
- locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences; "map the genes"
- plan, delineate, or arrange in detail; "map one's future" [syn: map out]
- depict as if on a map; "sorrow was mapped on the mother's face"
- to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets) [syn: represent] [also: mapping, mapped]
- Map \Map\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
To represent by a map; -- often with out; as, to survey and
map, or map out, a county. Hence, figuratively: To represent
or indicate systematically and clearly; to sketch; to plan;
as, to map, or map out, a journey; to map out business.
I am near to the place where they should meet, if
Pisanio have mapped it truly. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mapped'
- Memory-mapped I/O: Memory-mapped I/O (MMIO) and port I/O (also called port-mapped I/O (PMIO) or isolated I/O) are two complementary methods of performing ...