Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Mapped'
Mapped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it)
- a function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set [syn: mapping, correspondence] v
- make a map of; show or establish the features of details of; "map the surface of Venus"
- explore or survey for the purpose of making a map; "We haven't even begun to map the many galaxies that we know exist"
- locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences; "map the genes"
- plan, delineate, or arrange in detail; "map one's future" [syn: map out]
- depict as if on a map; "sorrow was mapped on the mother's face"
- to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets) [syn: represent] [also: mapping, mapped]
- Map \Map\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Mapped; p. pr. & vb. n.
To represent by a map; -- often with out; as, to survey and
map, or map out, a county. Hence, figuratively: To represent
or indicate systematically and clearly; to sketch; to plan;
as, to map, or map out, a journey; to map out business.
I am near to the place where they should meet, if
Pisanio have mapped it truly. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Mapped'
- Memory-mapped I/O: Memory-mapped I/O (MMIO) and port I/O (also called port-mapped I/O (PMIO) or isolated I/O) are two complementary methods of performing ...
Words and phrases related to 'Mapped'
Mapped Sample Sentences in News
- Scientists map underwater cliff during expedition
Over 500 submarine canyons have been mapped along the Malta Escarpment during a recent oceanographic expedition. Read more on this news related to 'Mapped'
- Curbed Maps: Curbed Ski just mapped the 10...
Curbed Ski just mapped the 10 most amazing urban penthouses for sale in ski country, an interesting prospect in the land of monstrous, $89M lodges and 124,000-acre ranches. On offer: "baller amenities" like killer views, outdoor fireplaces, and heated terraces,... Read more on this news related to 'Mapped'
- Much of the coffee genome has finally been mapped
Thor Benson Sept. 7 (UPI) -- Scientists have now mapped much of the genome of coffee, making it possible to better understand how to get the bean you want. Read more on this news related to 'Mapped'