Mango Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
- large evergreen tropical tree cultivated for its large oval smooth-skinned fruit [syn: mango tree, Mangifera indica}]
- large oval smooth-skinned tropical fruit with juicy aromatic pulp and a large hairy seed [also: mangoes (pl)]
- Mango \Man"go\, n.; pl. Mangoes. [Pg. manga, fr. Tamil
- The fruit of the mango tree. It is rather larger than an apple, and of an ovoid shape. Some varieties are fleshy and luscious, and others tough and tasting of turpentine. The green fruit is pickled for market.
- A green muskmelon stuffed and pickled. Mango bird (Zo["o]l.), an oriole (Oriolus kundoo), native of India. Mango fish (Zo["o]l.), a fish of the Ganges (Polynemus risua}), highly esteemed for food. It has several long, slender filaments below the pectoral fins. It appears about the same time with the mango fruit, in April and May, whence the name. Mango tree (Bot.), an East Indian tree of the genus Mangifera (M. Indica), related to the cashew and the sumac. It grows to a large size, and produces the mango of commerce. It is now cultivated in tropical America.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Mango'?
Mango Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
About 35 species
A mango is a type of fruit. It is found almost anywhere, but is thought to come from the southern and southeast Asian continent including India, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Pakistan and India share the major export market of Mangoes. It is also their National fruit. Ripe Mangoes are very sweet in taste but they are bitterly sour before they ripen.There are varieties of mangoes found in India.Langra,Dussheri,Chausa,Tota,Safadi,Alphonso are types of mangoes which are generally found in various parts of India at different time
Angelica • Basil • Basil, holy • Basil, Thai • Bay leaf • Boldo • Bolivian Coriander • Borage • Chervil • Chives • Cicely • Coriander leaf (cilantro) • Cress • Curry leaf • Dill • Elsholtzia ciliata • Epazote • Eryngium foetidum (long coriander) • Hemp • Hoja santa • Houttuynia cordata (giấp cá) • Hyssop • Lavender • Lemon balm • Lemon grass • Lemon verbena • Limnophila aromatica (rice paddy herb) • Lovage • Marjoram • Mint • Mitsuba • Oregano • Parsley • Perilla (shiso) • Rosemary • Rue • Sage • Savory • Sorrel • Tarragon • Thyme • Vietnamese coriander (rau răm) • Woodruff[See more about Mango at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Mango Sample Sentences in News
- 'Stolen' big mango is spotted in paddock by Bowen resident
Mystery of the missing fruit statue unravels as Sydney marketing agency and local crane hire company refuse to deny involvement Helen Davidson Read more on this news related to 'Mango'
- Mango production shortfall this season- ASSOCHAM
Lucknow, Apr 15:Mango lovers in the country may have to cough up more money this year due to short supply of mangoes for domestic consumption owing to significant crop damage and rising export orders pouring in especially from the UAE, the UK, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bangladesh and others. Read more on this news related to 'Mango'
- Classic mango sticky rice at Pullman Bangkok King Power
Throughout April 2014 Pullman Bangkok King Power invites you and friends to enjoy your summer time with Barracuda mango with sweet sticky rice poured with coconut milk and topped with sesame seed at THB 200 nett per set. 10% discount for King Power and... Read more on this news related to 'Mango'