Mango Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
- large evergreen tropical tree cultivated for its large oval smooth-skinned fruit [syn: mango tree, Mangifera indica}]
- large oval smooth-skinned tropical fruit with juicy aromatic pulp and a large hairy seed [also: mangoes (pl)]
- Mango \Man"go\, n.; pl. Mangoes. [Pg. manga, fr. Tamil
- The fruit of the mango tree. It is rather larger than an apple, and of an ovoid shape. Some varieties are fleshy and luscious, and others tough and tasting of turpentine. The green fruit is pickled for market.
- A green muskmelon stuffed and pickled. Mango bird (Zo["o]l.), an oriole (Oriolus kundoo), native of India. Mango fish (Zo["o]l.), a fish of the Ganges (Polynemus risua}), highly esteemed for food. It has several long, slender filaments below the pectoral fins. It appears about the same time with the mango fruit, in April and May, whence the name. Mango tree (Bot.), an East Indian tree of the genus Mangifera (M. Indica), related to the cashew and the sumac. It grows to a large size, and produces the mango of commerce. It is now cultivated in tropical America.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Mango'?
Mango Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
About 35 species
A mango is a type of fruit. It is found almost anywhere, but is thought to come from the southern and southeast Asian continent including India, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Pakistan and India share the major export market of Mangoes. It is also their National fruit. Ripe Mangoes are very sweet in taste but they are bitterly sour before they ripen.There are varieties of mangoes found in India.Langra,Dussheri,Chausa,Tota,Safadi,Alphonso are types of mangoes which are generally found in various parts of India at different time
Angelica • Basil • Basil, holy • Basil, Thai • Bay leaf • Boldo • Bolivian Coriander • Borage • Chervil • Chives • Cicely • Coriander leaf (cilantro) • Cress • Curry leaf • Dill • Elsholtzia ciliata • Epazote • Eryngium foetidum (long coriander) • Hemp • Hoja santa • Houttuynia cordata (giấp cá) • Hyssop • Lavender • Lemon balm • Lemon grass • Lemon verbena • Limnophila aromatica (rice paddy herb) • Lovage • Marjoram • Mint • Mitsuba • Oregano • Parsley • Perilla (shiso) • Rosemary • Rue • Sage • Savory • Sorrel • Tarragon • Thyme • Vietnamese coriander (rau răm) • Woodruff[See more about Mango at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Mango Sample Sentences in News
- Luzon newsbits for March 8, 2014
Mango Festival Iba, Zambales — For the people of Zambales, there is only one place for the sweetest and best-tasting mangoes in the country that they gather each year in this capital town in grand fashion to celebrate the “Mango Festival.” Governor Hermogenes Ebdane Jr. said the 14th Zambales Mango Festival, which kicked off last Thursday, is the biggest ann Read more on this news related to 'Mango'
- Mango Alert: Australians Puzzle Over Huge Stolen Fruit
The Big Mango is a roadside tourist attraction that's 33 feet tall and 26 feet wide; it weighs seven tons. As of last night, it's missing. But not everyone thinks it was stolen. Read more on this news related to 'Mango'
- 'Lost' Big Mango found in Australia
The "theft" of a three-story, seven-tonne mango statue in northern Australia was revealed Tuesday to be an elaborate publicity stunt by a fast-food chain. The disappearance Monday of the Big Mango, a towering fibreglass likeness of the fruit which is abundant in its hometown of Bowen, made international headlines and a Facebook page was set up to help fi Read more on this news related to 'Mango'