Mango Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
- large evergreen tropical tree cultivated for its large oval smooth-skinned fruit [syn: mango tree, Mangifera indica}]
- large oval smooth-skinned tropical fruit with juicy aromatic pulp and a large hairy seed [also: mangoes (pl)]
- Mango \Man"go\, n.; pl. Mangoes. [Pg. manga, fr. Tamil
- The fruit of the mango tree. It is rather larger than an apple, and of an ovoid shape. Some varieties are fleshy and luscious, and others tough and tasting of turpentine. The green fruit is pickled for market.
- A green muskmelon stuffed and pickled. Mango bird (Zo["o]l.), an oriole (Oriolus kundoo), native of India. Mango fish (Zo["o]l.), a fish of the Ganges (Polynemus risua}), highly esteemed for food. It has several long, slender filaments below the pectoral fins. It appears about the same time with the mango fruit, in April and May, whence the name. Mango tree (Bot.), an East Indian tree of the genus Mangifera (M. Indica), related to the cashew and the sumac. It grows to a large size, and produces the mango of commerce. It is now cultivated in tropical America.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Mango'?
Mango Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
About 35 species
A mango is a type of fruit. It is found almost anywhere, but is thought to come from the southern and southeast Asian continent including India, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Pakistan and India share the major export market of Mangoes. It is also their National fruit. Ripe Mangoes are very sweet in taste but they are bitterly sour before they ripen.There are varieties of mangoes found in India.Langra,Dussheri,Chausa,Tota,Safadi,Alphonso are types of mangoes which are generally found in various parts of India at different time
Angelica • Basil • Basil, holy • Basil, Thai • Bay leaf • Boldo • Bolivian Coriander • Borage • Chervil • Chives • Cicely • Coriander leaf (cilantro) • Cress • Curry leaf • Dill • Elsholtzia ciliata • Epazote • Eryngium foetidum (long coriander) • Hemp • Hoja santa • Houttuynia cordata (giấp cá) • Hyssop • Lavender • Lemon balm • Lemon grass • Lemon verbena • Limnophila aromatica (rice paddy herb) • Lovage • Marjoram • Mint • Mitsuba • Oregano • Parsley • Perilla (shiso) • Rosemary • Rue • Sage • Savory • Sorrel • Tarragon • Thyme • Vietnamese coriander (rau răm) • Woodruff[See more about Mango at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Mango Sample Sentences in News
- Aam Baatein, Mango drinks you can make at home
Mango need not be just eaten, you can drink it, too. There are many ways of to savour the fruit in its liquid form. Picking the best was difficult, so we just drowned ourselves in it and let the king rule our taste buds. We recommend you surrender, too. Read more on this news related to 'Mango'
- Mango Mania
Indulge a sexy summer and enjoy mango delicacies.“The Square” and “Stone Bar” feature 2 favorite-iconics of the hot season: - “Mango & Sticky Rice” at THB 80.-Nett Signature sweet; ripe mango served with sticky... Read more on this news related to 'Mango'
- Aam Baatein, Mango treats around the city
A classic combination of the summer heat and comfort food this season, we went out in the search for a product that is on everyone's wishlist - the creamy and delectable Mango Ice-cream. Read more on this news related to 'Mango'