Maligned Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- assailed with contemptuous language
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Maligned'?
Maligned Sample Sentences in News
- Mexico's 'I'm tired now' attorney general steps down
Mexico's much-maligned attorney general, who has faced public anger over the investigation into the presumed slaughter of 43 students, stepped down Friday and was given a more low-key cabinet post. Murillo Karam's exit was widely expected under a reform that will turn the federal prosecutor's office into an autonomous department. Murillo Karam conclude Read more on this news related to 'Maligned'
- Basket - Pacquiao scores first point of maligned pro career
- Philippine boxing champion Manny Pacquiao has scored his first point as a professional basketballer, but it did little to douse criticism that the pint-sized guard does not belong on the court. Pacquiao sank the second of two free throws after he was fouled on a lay-up 11 minutes into the match between his Kia Carnival team and the Purefoods Star Hotshots in the Read more on this news related to 'Maligned'
- David Clarkson for Nathan Horton: Maple Leafs, Blue Jackets trade problems – and it's best for all involved
Toronto Maple Leafs send much-maligned David Clarkson to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Nathan Horton. This is one of those trades where you wonder, “Why didn’t I think of that?” It’s simple. It’s brilliant. It helps both sides. Read more on this news related to 'Maligned'