Machiavellian Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- of or relating to Machiavelli or the principles of conduct he recommended; "Machiavellian thinking"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a follower of Machiavelli's principles
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Machiavellian'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Machiavellian'
- Machiavellianism: Machiavellianism is, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, "the employment of cunning and duplicity in statecraft or in general conduct", deriving
- Machiavellian (horse): Machiavellian (1987–2004) was an American-bred Thoroughbred racehorse and sire. In a racing career which lasted from August 1989 to August 1990 he ran
- Machiavellian intelligence: In cognitive science and evolutionary psychology, Machiavellian intelligence (also known as political intelligence or social intelligence) is the capacity
- The Machiavellian Moment: The Machiavellian Moment is a work of intellectual history by J. G. A. Pocock (Princeton University Press, 1975). It posits a connection between republican
Words and phrases related to 'Machiavellian'
Machiavellian Sample Sentences in News
- 'Call of Duty' soldiers battle villain Kevin Spacey
The newest instalment to blockbuster video game "Call of Duty" hits the streets on Tuesday, pitting soldiers of the future against a Machiavellian villain played by actor Kevin Spacey. Read more on this news related to 'Machiavellian'
- Harvick doesn't regret shoving Keselowski
AVONDALE, Ariz. (AP) Kevin Harvick does not regret shoving Brad Keselowski from behind - a move that escalated a pit road brawl between Keselowski, Jeff Gordon and their teams - but he acknowledged Friday he could have behaved differently. But, Harvick readily admitted he loves the drama that the fight created. Harvick has always played the Machiavellian role in t Read more on this news related to 'Machiavellian'
- Review: 'Gone Girl' delicious suburban noir
The predominant image throughout David Fincher's films, from the uncovered horrors of "Se7en" to the Machiavellian maneuverings of "House of Cards," has been a flashlight beam cutting through the dark. Read more on this news related to 'Machiavellian'