Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- out of proportion in shape [syn: ill-proportioned, one-sided]
- turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff" [syn: askew, awry(p), cockeyed, wonky, skew-whiff]
- Lopsided \Lop"sid`ed\, a. [Lop + side. Cf. Lobsided.]
- Leaning to one side because of some defect of structure; as, a lopsided ship. --Marryat.
- Unbalanced; poorly proportioned; full of idiosyncrasies. --J. S. Mill.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Words and phrases related to 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Sample Sentences in News
- ‘Lopsided’ Ghostly Galactic Halo Has Some Starry Surprises
Centaurus A — that popular target for astrophotographers in the southern hemisphere — has a much wider halo than expected, astronomers revealed. Turns out the galaxy’s ghostly glow is about eight times the apparent width of the full moon in the sky. Examining this halo in more detail could reveal much about how galaxies come […] Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- In Mexico, Lopsided Death Tolls Draw Suspicion
In Mexico, lopsided death tolls draw suspicion Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Astronomers study remote outcrops of faraway galaxy
Astronomers said Tuesday (July 22) they have examined the remotest parts yet of an elliptical galaxy, Centaurus A, and discovered its starry halo was bigger, more lopsided and richer in heavy elements than expected. Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'