Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- out of proportion in shape [syn: ill-proportioned, one-sided]
- turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff" [syn: askew, awry(p), cockeyed, wonky, skew-whiff]
- Lopsided \Lop"sid`ed\, a. [Lop + side. Cf. Lobsided.]
- Leaning to one side because of some defect of structure; as, a lopsided ship. --Marryat.
- Unbalanced; poorly proportioned; full of idiosyncrasies. --J. S. Mill.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Words and phrases related to 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Sample Sentences in News
- The Most Lopsided Deadline Deals in MLB History
With the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline quickly approaching, teams around the game are weighing their options. Do they go all in, trading away young talent and prospects for an established star? Or do they stay the course, holding on to their youngsters with an eye toward sustained success in the future? Let this list serve as a warning: Dealing in prospects is Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Parade inquiry call 'lopsided'
Sinn Féin label an inquiry proposed by Unionist and Orange Order leaders as "lopsided". Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Mystics-Mercury Preview
Coming off their most lopsided victory in three years, the surging Phoenix Mercury aren't showing any signs of slowing down. Phoenix tries to extend its franchise-best winning streak to 11 on Tuesday night when it hosts the Washington Mystics, losers of three straight in the series. The WNBA-leading Mercury (16-3) blew out San Antonio 90-61 on Sunday to push t Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'