Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- out of proportion in shape [syn: ill-proportioned, one-sided]
- turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff" [syn: askew, awry(p), cockeyed, wonky, skew-whiff]
- Lopsided \Lop"sid`ed\, a. [Lop + side. Cf. Lobsided.]
- Leaning to one side because of some defect of structure; as, a lopsided ship. --Marryat.
- Unbalanced; poorly proportioned; full of idiosyncrasies. --J. S. Mill.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Words and phrases related to 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Sample Sentences in News
- Lopsided wins for Comets I, IT&E
Comets I and IT&E remained at the top half of the team standings in the Major division of the 2014 Saipan Little League Baseball League after blowing out separate foes in make-up games last week. Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Is Australia's stock market getting lopsided?
Australian stocks have managed to buck declines striking much of the region, touching over five-year highs, but the gains could be getting lopsided. Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Younghusbands to settle rivalry in last Dream Match
After two lopsided results, brothers Phil and James Younghusband expect a tight match as both look to settle their rivalry in the third and final edition of the Clear Dream Match. Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'