Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- out of proportion in shape [syn: ill-proportioned, one-sided]
- turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff" [syn: askew, awry(p), cockeyed, wonky, skew-whiff]
- Lopsided \Lop"sid`ed\, a. [Lop + side. Cf. Lobsided.]
- Leaning to one side because of some defect of structure; as, a lopsided ship. --Marryat.
- Unbalanced; poorly proportioned; full of idiosyncrasies. --J. S. Mill.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lopsided'
Words and phrases related to 'Lopsided'
Lopsided Sample Sentences in News
- Turkey's lopsided presidential election campaign
ISTANBUL (AP) — Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is the unquestionable front-runner in Turkey's first direct presidential election on Sunday. And critics accuse him of using his position as premier to make the contest even more lopsided. Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Lopsided loss to Eagles shows Steelers have issues aplenty
They’re supposed to be faster, but they couldn’t begin to keep up with the Philadelphia Eagles’ super-fast tempo. They’re supposed to be deeper, but coach ... Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'
- Agner, Amos lead Woodstock in lopsided win over River Ridge
Woodstock amassed 406 yards of offense Friday in a 42-7 rout of River Ridge, in the first game of a budding Cherokee County rivalry. Read more on this news related to 'Lopsided'