Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Looping'
Looping Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : (computer science) executing the same set of instructions a
given number of times or until a specified result is
obtained; "the solution is obtained by iteration" [syn: iteration]
- Looping \Loop"ing\, n. [Cf. D. loopen to run. Cf. Loop a mass
of iron, Leap.] (Metal.)
The running together of the matter of an ore into a mass,
when the ore is only heated for calcination.
- Looping \Loop"ing\, p. pr. & vb. n.
Looping snail (Zo["o]l.), any species of land snail of the
genus Truncatella; -- so called because it creeps like
the measuring worms.
- Loop \Loop\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Looped; p. pr. & vb. n.
To make a loop of or in; to fasten with a loop or loops; --
often with up; as, to loop a string; to loop up a curtain.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Looping'
- Looping: Looping may refer to: in computer programming, control loops including the main event loop in film production, automated dialogue ...
- Suspended Looping Coaster: The Suspended Looping Coaster (or SLC) is a model of steel inverted roller ... first features an Immelmann loop quickly followed by a Dive ...