Loop Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
- a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
- fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop
- the topology of a network whose components are connected in a loop
- a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied
- the basic pattern of the human fingerprint
- an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan); "he''s no longer in the loop"
- (computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated; "the solution took hundreds of iterations"
- anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
- fasten or join with a loop; "He looped the watch through his belt"
- wind around something in coils or loops
- make a loop in; "loop a rope"
- fly loops, perform a loop; "the stunt pilot looped his plane"
- move in loops; "The bicycle looped around the tree"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines ,
- anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself) ,
- (computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated; "the solution took hundreds of iterations" ,
- an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan); "he's no longer in the loop" ,
- the basic pattern of the human fingerprint ,
- a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied ,
- the topology of a network whose components are serially connected in such a way that the last component is connected to the first component ,
- an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop ,
- a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates , 10. a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Loop'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Loop'
- Loop: Loop or LOOP may refer to. Technology : Loop (telecommunication), sending a signal on a channel and receiving it back at the sending terminal ...
- Chicago Loop: The Loop is the central business district of Chicago , Illinois . It is one of the city's 77 officially designated community areas . ...
- The Loop (CTA): The Loop (historically Union Loop, or commonly Loop) is the 1.79 | mi | km | sing on long circuit of elevated railroad that forms the ...
- Loop (music): In electroacoustic music , a loop is a repeating section of sound material. Short sections of material can be repeated to create ostinato ...
- Passing loop: A passing loop (also called a passing siding, crossing loop, crossing place or, colloquially, a hole) is a place on a single line railway ...
- Vertical loop: The generic roller coaster vertical loop, where a section of track completes a 360 degree circle, is the most basic of roller coaster ...
- Balloon loop: A balloon loop or turning loop allows a rail vehicle or train to reverse direction without having to shunt or even stop. Balloon loops ...
- Infinite loop: An infinite loop (also known as an endless loop or unproductive loop) is a sequence of instructions in a computer program which loops ...
- For loop: a for loop is a programming language statement which allows code to be repeatedly executed . A for loop is classified as an iteration ...
Words and phrases related to 'Loop'
Loop Sample Sentences in News
- Closed Loop Fund Opens Application Period for Municipalities
During the keynote presentation at the Municipal Waste Management Association Fall Summit, the environmental affiliate of The United States Conference of Mayors, it was anno Read more on this news related to 'Loop'
- Loop Losing Subscribers to Vodafone in Mumbai
In a stern message to Bharti Airtel, most of the Loop Telecom’s Mumbai subscribers are switching to Vodafone through mobile number portability (MNP), The Economic Times reported. Airtel, the leading telecom operator (on the basis of subscribers) of the country is in the process to acquire Mumbai-based Loop Telecom for Rs 7 billion. As the delay over the deal con Read more on this news related to 'Loop'
- Flagler Village loop considered for Fort Lauderdale streetcar project
Fort Lauderdale is ready to expand plans for the downtown Wave electric streetcar project with a Flagler Village loop that will help the city's efforts to attract new businesses to Sistrunk Boulevard. Read more on this news related to 'Loop'