Loop Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
- a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
- fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop
- the topology of a network whose components are connected in a loop
- a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied
- the basic pattern of the human fingerprint
- an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan); "he''s no longer in the loop"
- (computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated; "the solution took hundreds of iterations"
- anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
- fasten or join with a loop; "He looped the watch through his belt"
- wind around something in coils or loops
- make a loop in; "loop a rope"
- fly loops, perform a loop; "the stunt pilot looped his plane"
- move in loops; "The bicycle looped around the tree"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines ,
- anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself) ,
- (computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated; "the solution took hundreds of iterations" ,
- an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan); "he's no longer in the loop" ,
- the basic pattern of the human fingerprint ,
- a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied ,
- the topology of a network whose components are serially connected in such a way that the last component is connected to the first component ,
- an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop ,
- a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates , 10. a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Loop'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Loop'
- Loop: Loop or LOOP may refer to: Loop (telecommunication), sending a signal on a channel and receiving it back at the sending terminal Loop (computing), a
- Vertical loop: "Loop-the-Loop" redirects here. For other uses, see Loop-the-Loop (disambiguation). The generic roller coaster vertical loop, where a section of track
- List of state highway loops in Texas: This is a list of Texas State Highways in the U.S. state of Texas with Loop designations. Notes An italicized location indicates that the Highway Designation
- Capitol Loop: Loop is a state trunkline highway running through Lansing, Michigan, in the United States that was commissioned on October 13, 1989. It forms a loop route
- Basic helix-loop-helix: A basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) is a protein structural motif that characterizes a family of transcription factors. It should not be confused with the
- Rigid double splayed loop in the bight: splayed loop in the bight is a knot that contains two parallel loops. Clifford Ashley wrote that it is "one of the firmest of the Double Loops since the
- Angler's loop: An Angler's loop is a type of knot which forms a fixed loop. Useful for fine or slippery line, it is one of the few loop knots which holds well in bungee
- Figure-of-nine loop: figure-of-nine loop is a type of knot to form a fixed loop in a rope. Tied in the bight, it is made similarly to a figure-of-eight loop but with an extra
- Loop, Germany: Loop is a municipality in the district of Rendsburg-Eckernförde, in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. "Statistikamt Nord – Bevölkerung der Gemeinden in Schleswig-Holstein
Words and phrases related to 'Loop'
Loop Sample Sentences in News
- Apple Loop: iOS 8.2 Update, Apple's Working Conditions Attacked, Ignore Apple Watch
This week’s Apple Loop covers a preview of iOS 8.2 with Apple Watch support, the result of the class-action suit, the BBC looks at working conditions in Apple's supply chain, a new TouchID patent, Paypal in the Apple Store, Apple Watch issues, and iBeacons invade McDonalds. Read more on this news related to 'Loop'
- Plan to fix City Loop mobile black spot delayed
Train passengers' mobile phones will not work inside the City Loop by year's end as was promised by the former Napthine government. Read more on this news related to 'Loop'
- Loop Commerce Empowers Retailers to Guarantee the Perfect Gift-Giving Experience for Online Shoppers
Loop Commerce, the first-of-its-kind turnkey, SaaS solution and checkout that powers gifting for retailers, announced today that it is available for online shoppers this holiday season with multiple top brands and retailers. Read more on this news related to 'Loop'