Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lithe'
Lithe Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : gracefully slender; moving and bending with ease [syn: lissome,
lissom, lithesome, slender, supple, svelte,
- Lithe \Lithe\, v. i. & i. [Icel ?. See Listen.]
To listen or listen to; to hearken to. [Obs.] --P. Plowman.
- Lithe \Lithe\, a. [AS. ?, for ? tender, mild, gentle; akin to G.
lind, gelind, OHG. lindi, Icel. linr, L. lenis soft, mild,
lentus flexible, and AS. linnan to yield. Cf. Lenient.]
- Mild; calm; as, lithe weather. [Obs.]
- Capable of being easily bent; pliant; flexible; limber; as, the elephant's lithe proboscis. --Milton.
- Lithe \Lithe\, v. t. [AS. ?. See Lithe, a.]
To smooth; to soften; to palliate. [Obs.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lithe'
- Lithe: Lithe may refer to: Lithe (programming language), an experimental programming language. Lithe (Middle-earth), a fictional holiday in J. R. R ...
- Lithe (programming language): Lithe is an experimental programming language created in 1982 by David Sandberg at the University of Washington which allows the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Lithe'