Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lingering'
Lingering Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : continuing for a long time; "a lingering sense of guilt"
n : the act of tarrying [syn: tarriance]
- Linger \Lin"ger\ (l[i^][ng]"g[~e]r), v. i. [imp. & p. p.
Lingered (-g[~e]rd); p. pr. & vb. n. Lingering.] [OE.
lengen to tarry, AS. lengan to prolong, put off, fr. lang
- See Long, a.] To delay; to loiter; to remain or wait long; to be slow or reluctant in parting or moving; to be slow in deciding; to be in suspense; to hesitate. Nor cast one longing, lingering look behind. --Gray. Perhaps thou linger'st, in deep thoughts detained. --Milton. Syn: To loiter; lag; saunter; delay; tarry; stop; hesitate.
- Lingering \Lin"ger*ing\, a.
- Drawn out in time; remaining long; protracted; as, a lingering disease. To die is the fate of man; but to die with lingering anguish is generally his folly. --Rambler.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lingering'
- Lingering Garden: Lingering Garden. (s 留园 | t 留園 | p Liú Yuán is a renowned classical Chinese garden . It is located at 338 Liuyuan Rd. Suzhou , Jiangsu ...
- A Lingering Face: A Lingering Face. (c 非常夏日 | p Fēicháng xiàrì | l A curious summer day is a 2000 Chinese film directed by Lu Xuechang . The film is Lu's ...
Words and phrases related to 'Lingering'