Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Liaison'
Liaison Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a usually secretive or illicit sexual relationship [syn: affair, affaire, intimacy, involvement, amour]
- a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas" [syn: link, contact, inter-group communication}]
- Liaison \Li`ai`son"\ (l[-e]`[asl]`z[^o]N"), n. [F., fr. L.
ligatio, fr. ligare to bind. See Ligature, and cf.
A union, or bond of union; an intimacy; especially, an
illicit intimacy between a man and a woman.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Liaison'
- Liaison: Liaison in general means: Communication between two or more groups. Co-operation, working together. but may refer to: Liaison (French), the ...
- Liaison (French): Liaison is the pronunciation of a latent word-final consonant immediately before a following vowel sound. In French , most written word- ...
- Liaison officer: A liaison officer or LNO is a person that liaises between two organizations to communicate and coordinate their activities. Generally, ...
- Liaison aircraft: A liaison aircraft (also called an army co-operation aircraft) is a small, usually unarmed aircraft developed before World War II and ...
- Liaison job: Liaison jobs are jobs that "link" two or more specialties. For example, "systems analyst" jobs work with customers and management to ...
- Liaison psychiatry: Liaison psychiatry, also known as consultative psychiatry or consultation-liaison psychiatry is the branch of psychiatry that specialises ...
Words and phrases related to 'Liaison'