Lemma Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the head of an annotation or gloss
- a subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition
- the lower and stouter of the two glumes immediately enclosing the floret in most Gramineae
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition ,
- the lower and stouter of the two glumes immediately enclosing the floret in most Gramineae ,
- the heading that indicates the subject of an annotation or a literary composition or a dictionary entry
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Lemma'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lemma'
- Lemma: Lemma may refer to: Lemma (mathematics), a type of proposition Lemma (morphology), the canonical or citation form of a word Lemma (psycholinguistics)
- Gauss's lemma: Gauss's lemma can mean any of several lemmas named after Carl Friedrich Gauss: Gauss's lemma (polynomial) Gauss's lemma (number theory) Gauss's lemma (Riemannian
- Burnside's lemma: Burnside's lemma, sometimes also called Burnside's counting theorem, the Cauchy–Frobenius lemma or the orbit-counting theorem, is a result in group theory
- Lemma (mathematics): lemma, Dehn's lemma, Euclid's lemma, Farkas' lemma, Fatou's lemma, Gauss's lemma, Greendlinger's lemma, Itō's lemma, Jordan's lemma, Nakayama's lemma
- Zorn's lemma: the film by Hollis Frampton, see Zorns Lemma (film). Zorn's lemma, also known as the Kuratowski–Zorn lemma, is a proposition of set theory that states:
- List of lemmas: Brezis–Lions lemma Burnside's lemma also known as the Cauchy–Frobenius lemma (group theory) Céa's lemma (numerical analysis) Closed map lemma (topology)
- Lindelöf's lemma: In mathematics, Lindelöf's lemma is a simple but useful lemma in topology on the real line, named for the Finnish mathematician Ernst Leonard Lindelöf
- Mazur's lemma: In mathematics, Mazur's lemma is a result in the theory of Banach spaces. It shows that any weakly convergent sequence in a Banach space has a sequence
- Lemma (botany): For other uses, see Lemma. Lemma is a phytomorphological term used in botany referring to a part of the spikelet of grasses (Poaceae). It is the
- Teichmüller–Tukey lemma: In mathematics, the Teichmüller–Tukey lemma (sometimes named just Tukey's lemma,), named after John Tukey and Oswald Teichmüller, states that every nonempty
Lemma Sample Sentences in News
- Ethiopians rally to raise money for ailing student in Korea
An Ethiopian student and father of two in Busan is in need of help to pay for an urgent liver transplant. Lemma Teshome Tufa, a nanotechnology Ph.D. student at Pusan National University and a descendent of a Korean War veteran, has been hospitalised since Feb. 15 after a chronic condition worsened to the point that he needed emergency care. Lemma says he is not in Read more on this news related to 'Lemma'