Laughter Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the activity of laughing; the manifestation of joy or mirth of scorn; "he enjoyed the laughter of the crowd"
- the sound of laughing
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the sound of laughing ,
- the activity of laughing; the manifestation of joy or mirth or scorn; "he enjoyed the laughter of the crowd"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Laughter'?
Laughter Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A laugh is a way of showing happiness. It is a vocal sound which a person makes when something is funny, like a joke, or a tickle.
Sometimes people laugh when they are not happy. When people are ashamed or embarrassed, sometimes they react by laughing.
There are different ways to laugh. A person can laugh using mostly their voice, mostly their throat, or mostly their nose.
You can write a laugh in different ways. Some people write "ha ha ha", or "he he he", or "hehe". If they are on the internet, they also use "LOL". "LOL" does not sound like a laugh, but it stands for Laughing Out Loud.
Words and phrases related to 'Laughter'
'Laughter' example sentence in quotations
* Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars-all the beauties of creation. - Victor Hugo
* The tears that you spill, the sorrowful, are sweeter than the laughter of snobs and the guffaws of scoffers. - Kahlil Gibran
Click here for more related quotations on 'Laughter'
Laughter Sample Sentences in News
- Here's a Reminder: Laughter Makes Meetings Better
Group rapport and camaraderie translates to innovation, creativity and new solutions. Read more on this news related to 'Laughter'
- Game of Thrones Blooper Reel Brings Laughter to Grim World of Westeros
There's plenty of laughter, and cursing, on the set of the hit show Read more on this news related to 'Laughter'
- Smiles and laughter return to West Indies
By John Mehaffey CHRISTCHURCH (Reuters) - A spell of destructive fast bowling and a fine all-round performance from Andre Russell restored Caribbean smiles and laughter to the West Indies dressing room on Saturday. Four wickets for one run after Russell had helped his team past the 300 mark in the cricket World Cup Group B match against Pakistan put West Indies in Read more on this news related to 'Laughter'