Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Landmass'
Landmass Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a large continuous extent of land
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Landmass'
- Landmass: A landmass is a large continuous area of land . Although it may be most often written as one word to distinguish it from the usage "land ...
- Landmass (album): Landmass (2008) is an album by the American ambient musician Steve Roach . Production: The tracks on Landmass were recorded on May 20, 2007 ...
- Eurasian landmass: This term has two different meanings. Eurasian plate - The tectonic plate covering Eurasia . Euro-Asian Steppe - The vast steppe ecoregion ...
Words and phrases related to 'Landmass'
Landmass Sample Sentences in News
- More droughts, heavier rains in warmer Europe—study
PARIS—Europe will likely be a much warmer place by century's end, plagued by frequent downpours over its entire landmass and heat waves and droughts in the south, new research showed Monday. The continent could see average temperatures rise by 1.0 to 5.0 degrees Celsius (1.8-9.0 deg Fahrenheit) by 2100, said a statement announcing the results of a three-y Read more on this news related to 'Landmass'
- 'King of gore' predatory dinosaur' fossil reveals T. rex's origins
Washington, Nov. 7 (ANI): A remarkable new species of tyrannosaur has been unearthed in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (GSENM), southern Utah, which has provided new clues to the evolution of T.rex. The huge carnivore inhabited Laramidia, a landmass formed on the western coast of a shallow sea that flooded the central region of North America, isolatin Read more on this news related to 'Landmass'
- More droughts, heavier rains in warmer Europe, study reports
Europe will likely be a much warmer place by century's end, plagued by frequent downpours over its entire landmass and heatwaves and droughts in the south, new research showed Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Landmass'