Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lambast'
Lambast Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- beat with a cane [syn: cane, flog, lambaste]
- censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup" [syn: call on the carpet, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lambast'
Words and phrases related to 'Lambast'
Lambast Sample Sentences in News
- Google's Schmidt to meet Britain's Cameron as tax row rages
LONDON (Reuters) - Google Inc's Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt is due to meet British Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday as a participant of an advisory group just days after UK lawmakers lambast... Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'
- Abused ghosts lambast Stockholm theme park
Young seasonal workers hired to scare people in the haunted house at Stockholm's Gröna Lund amusement park have told their own horror stories of beatings and groping by visitors to the popular theme park. Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'
- Edinburgh Airport blasted over queues
Passengers have used social media to lambast Edinburgh Airport over lengthy queues at security screening in the past fortnight. Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'