Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lambast'
Lambast Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- beat with a cane [syn: cane, flog, lambaste]
- censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup" [syn: call on the carpet, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lambast'
Words and phrases related to 'Lambast'
Lambast Sample Sentences in News
- Enrile-Lacson, 'a relationship with feelings' - Miriam
MANILA - Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago did not just lambast Senator Juan Ponce Enrile in her privilege speech today, but also dragged former Senator Panfilo Lacson in their word war. Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'
- Labour Party lambast Opposition's employment criticism
In the wake of new Emloyment and Training Corporation data revealing an increase in employment oppurtunities, the Labour Party has said that not only does the government has a roadplan at creating greater work, but "it has yielded fruit since the start of its legislature." Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'
- Football - Pochettino backs Boruc
Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino refused to lambast Artur Boruc for his woeful error in the 2-0 defeat at Arsenal Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'