Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lambast'
Lambast Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- beat with a cane [syn: cane, flog, lambaste]
- censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup" [syn: call on the carpet, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lambast'
Words and phrases related to 'Lambast'
Lambast Sample Sentences in News
- Turkey protesters lambast Erdogan over phone recordings
Red banners flapped in the breeze of a packed Istanbul street Wednesday, where demonstrators gathered to listen to opposition members lambast Turkey's Prime Minister for a second day. Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'
- On International Women’s Day, women lambast Aquino for ‘sins against Filipinos’
“The lives of women, especially those from the marginalized sectors, have worsened rather than improved belying the Aquino government’s claim of inclusive growth.” – Gabriela RELATED STORY | Teachers decry meager budget for basic education Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'
- 'That should stay in the dressing room' - Former Tottenham boss Glenn Hoddle criticises Tim Sherwood for shaming players
Former manager Glenn Hoddle has criticised Tim Sherwood’s decision to publicly lambast his Tottenham side’s performance against Chelsea on Saturday. Read more on this news related to 'Lambast'