Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lad'
Lad Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a boy or man; "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss" [syn: chap, fellow, feller, gent, fella, blighter, cuss]
- a male child (a familiar term of address to a boy) [syn: cub, laddie, sonny, sonny boy]
- Lad \Lad\, n. [OE. ladde, of Celtic origin; cf. W. llawd, Ir.
- Cf. Lass.]
- A boy; a youth; a stripling. ``Cupid is a knavish lad.'' --Shak. There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves and two small fishes. --John vi. 9.
- A companion; a comrade; a mate. Lad's love. (Bot.) See Boy's love, under Boy.
- Lad \Lad\, obs.
p. p. of Lead, to guide. --Chaucer.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lad'
- LAD: Lad may refer to: A boy or young man or member of Internal Sales Team. Lad culture , a British subculture. Ląd, Greater Poland Voivodeship , ...
- LADS: the band | The Lads LADS is an acronym for Laser Airborne Depth Sounder!. Until recently, a large proportion of waters around Australia ...
- Lad, A Dog: Lad: A Dog is a 1919 American novel written by Albert Payson Terhune and published by E. P. Dutton . Terhune's real-life rough collie , Lad. ...
- Lad culture: Lad culture (also Laddish culture and Laddism) is a subculture commonly associated with Britpop music of the 1990s. It involves a liking ...
Words and phrases related to 'Lad'
Meaning of the Name 'Lad'
- Meaning: Attendant
- Origin: English
- Gender: Male
Lad Sample Sentences in News
- Ivan "Lad" Cole Yake
Ivan “Lad” Cole Yake, 53, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014. Read more on this news related to 'Lad'
- Tackling lad culture at university – live updates from the NUS summit
How can we tackle lad culture in higher education? NUS summit features Everyday Sexism, No More Page 3 and Toni Pearce Abby Young-Powell Libby Page Read more on this news related to 'Lad'
- Tributes paid as Carlisle dad dies aged 30
Tributes have been paid to a “doting” young dad described as a “Botcherby lad through and through”. Read more on this news related to 'Lad'