Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Lad'
Lad Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a boy or man; "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss" [syn: chap, fellow, feller, gent, fella, blighter, cuss]
- a male child (a familiar term of address to a boy) [syn: cub, laddie, sonny, sonny boy]
- Lad \Lad\, n. [OE. ladde, of Celtic origin; cf. W. llawd, Ir.
- Cf. Lass.]
- A boy; a youth; a stripling. ``Cupid is a knavish lad.'' --Shak. There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves and two small fishes. --John vi. 9.
- A companion; a comrade; a mate. Lad's love. (Bot.) See Boy's love, under Boy.
- Lad \Lad\, obs.
p. p. of Lead, to guide. --Chaucer.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Lad'
- LAD: Lad may refer to: A boy or young man or member of Internal Sales Team. Lad culture , a British subculture. Ląd, Greater Poland Voivodeship , ...
- LADS: the band | The Lads LADS is an acronym for Laser Airborne Depth Sounder!. Until recently, a large proportion of waters around Australia ...
- Lad, A Dog: Lad: A Dog is a 1919 American novel written by Albert Payson Terhune and published by E. P. Dutton . Terhune's real-life rough collie , Lad. ...
- Lad culture: Lad culture (also Laddish culture and Laddism) is a subculture commonly associated with Britpop music of the 1990s. It involves a liking ...
Words and phrases related to 'Lad'
Meaning of the Name 'Lad'
- Meaning: Attendant
- Origin: English
- Gender: Male
Lad Sample Sentences in News
- Lad provokes cops on Facebook: 'Catch me if u can' ... and they do
When a U.K. police station posted a fugitive's mugshot on its Facebook page, the cheeky lad wrote in from his personal account: "Catch me if u can." "In the past it's taken us several weeks to get a hold of him," Inspector Umer Khan, who runs the department's Facebook page, told NBC News. But the very next day, the runner, 19-year-o Read more on this news related to 'Lad'
- Anil Lad resigns from Rajya Sabha
Anil Lad, a Congress leader, has resigned as member of the Rajya Sabha following his election to the Karnataka State Assembly. Read more on this news related to 'Lad'
- Opposition to Lad brothers as Ministers
Note circulated among senior leaders of the party Read more on this news related to 'Lad'