Know Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority; "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
- be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object; "She doesn''t know this composer"; "Do you know my sister?"; "We know this movie"; "I know him under a different name"; "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"
- be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about; "I know that the President lied to the people"; "I want to know who is winning the game!"; "I know it''s time"
- be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt; "I know that I left the key on the table"; "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"
- know how to do or perform something; "She knows how to knit"; "Does your husband know how to cook?"
- have fixed in the mind; "I know Latin"; "This student knows her irregular verbs"; "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"
- have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two d
- perceive as familiar; "I know this voice!"
- be able to distinguish, recognize as being different; "The child knows right from wrong"
- know the nature or character of; "we all knew her as a big show-off"
- have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people; "he is always in the know"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Know'?
Know Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Knowledge means the things which are true, as opposed to opinion. Information which is correct is knowledge. Knowledge can always be supported by evidence, because that is how the word is used. If a statement is not supported by evidence, then it is not knowledge. The evidence makes it justified; it is not an opinion or a guess.
If someone understands an idea or is aware of something, then he or she has knowledge of it. When it makes sense to someone, this knowledge becomes understanding. A knowledgeable person is someone who knows a lot. If someone has know-how it means that they can put knowledge to work in doing or building something.
Words and phrases related to 'Know'
'Know' example sentence in quotations
* Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. - H.L. Mencken
* Only as you do know yourself can your brain serve you as a sharp and efficient tool. Know your own failings, passions, and prejudices so you can separate them from what you see. - Bernard Baruch
Click here for more related quotations on 'Know'
Know Sample Sentences in News
- If We Know There's A Rate Hike Coming, Why Not Just Short Treasuries?
If we know there's a rate hike coming, why not just short Treasuries? This question was originally answered on Quora by Alex Song. Read more on this news related to 'Know'
- 10 things you need to know today
Here is what you need to know. Japanese prices... Read more on this news related to 'Know'
- Five things to know
Five things to know Read more on this news related to 'Know'