Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster, Caithness. It used
- Knotty Ash: Coordinates: 53°24′47″N 2°53′24″W / 53.413°N 2.890°W / 53.413; -2.890 Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool, Merseyside, England and a Liverpool City Council
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 Municipal elections from
- Knotty Green: Coordinates: 51°37′19″N 0°39′18″W / 51.622°N 0.655°W / 51.622; -0.655 Knotty Green is a rural hamlet in Buckinghamshire, situated on the outskirts of
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snails with an operculum, aquatic gastropod molluscs or micromolluscs
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash railway station was a station located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool, England
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'
Knotty Sample Sentences in News
- The Knotty Dog breaks Bristol ties
Will and Peggy Hicks, owners of The Knotty Dog, discovered Bristol by boat and will soon set off to discover the rest of the country by motor home. But in doing so, The Knotty Dog, a popular Bradford Street shop filled with fashions, home decor and furnishings, ornaments and even pet supplies, will close its ... Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- On Centre Around Bellefonte: Knotty Girls not just a knitting club
The image of a knitting circle perhaps involves several grandmotherly figures, sitting in rocking chairs, dutifully crossing their needles back and forth. Click to Continue » Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- Grandview’s Knotty Pine set to be re-born as Knotty Pine Brewing
Owner eyes March opening Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'