Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster , ...
- Knotty Ash: Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool , Merseyside , England and a Liverpool City Council Ward , it was historically within the county of ...
- Knotty Green: Knotty Green is a rural hamlet in Buckinghamshire , situated on the outskirts of historic market town Beaconsfield and in the parish of ...
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snail s with an operculum , aquatic gastropod ...
- Knotty Head: Knotty Head was at one point the deepest oil well in the Gulf of Mexico . It is drilled in 3500 | ft | 0 | abbr on of water and 30589 | ft ...
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 ...
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash railway station was a station located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road , Knotty Ash ...
- St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash: St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash, is a church in the Knotty Ash area of Liverpool , Merseyside , England . It is on Thomas Lane and was ...
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'
Knotty Sample Sentences in News
- GT says knotty confidential pact rules out bankruptcy explanation
Apple Inc supplier GT Advanced Technologies Inc argued on Thursday it could not reveal why it filed for bankruptcy and is asking the court to keep crucial documents sealed, a highly unusual situation that may keep investors in the dark as to the cause of its financial implosion. The company, which had been slated to provide Apple with scratch-resistant sapphire fo Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission appears set to reclassify broadband so that it comes under the agency’s authority, but without explicitly prohibiting special access deals between broadband and content companies, according to a news report. FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler is mulling this hybrid answer to the knotty “net neutrality” issue , and his proposa Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- The essentials: Smak-Tak in Jefferson Park
Smak-Tak 5961 N. Elston Ave. 773-763-1123 Looks like: A knotty pine-covered ski chalet Sounds like: The rapid-fire buzz of Polish-speaking diners Smells like: Garlicky links of freshly grilled Polish sausage The problem with the food at a lot of local Polish restaurants is one of gloppiness. So many places make pierogi or stuffed cabbage in advance, holding them i Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'