Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster, Caithness. It used
- Knotty Ash: Coordinates: 53°24′47″N 2°53′24″W / 53.413°N 2.890°W / 53.413; -2.890 Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool, Merseyside, England and a Liverpool City Council
- Knotty Green: Coordinates: 51°37′19″N 0°39′18″W / 51.622°N 0.655°W / 51.622; -0.655 Knotty Green, once a rural hamlet in the Buckinghamshire Chiltern Hills. It is
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 Municipal elections from
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snails with an operculum, aquatic gastropod molluscs or micromolluscs
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash railway station was a station located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool, England
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'