Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster, Caithness. It used
- Knotty Ash: Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool, Merseyside, England and a Liverpool City Council Ward. Historically within the county of Lancashire, the population
- Knotty Green: Knotty Green, once a rural hamlet in the Buckinghamshire Chiltern Hills. It is characterised by large houses set in their own extensive grounds and though
- St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash: St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash, is a church in the Knotty Ash area of Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is on Thomas Lane and was built 1834-6. The
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 Municipal elections from
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash & Stanley railway station was located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool, England
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snails with an operculum, aquatic gastropod molluscs or micromolluscs
- Knotty Head: Coordinates: 27°23.1′N 90°24.63′W / 27.3850°N 90.41050°W / 27.3850; -90.41050 Knotty Head was at one point the deepest oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. It is
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'