Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster , ...
- Knotty Ash: Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool , Merseyside , England and a Liverpool City Council Ward , it was historically within the county of ...
- Knotty Green: Knotty Green is a rural hamlet in Buckinghamshire , situated on the outskirts of historic market town Beaconsfield and in the parish of ...
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snail s with an operculum , aquatic gastropod ...
- Knotty Head: Knotty Head was at one point the deepest oil well in the Gulf of Mexico . It is drilled in 3500 | ft | 0 | abbr on of water and 30589 | ft ...
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 ...
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash railway station was a station located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road , Knotty Ash ...
- St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash: St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash, is a church in the Knotty Ash area of Liverpool , Merseyside , England . It is on Thomas Lane and was ...
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'
Knotty Sample Sentences in News
- Amid knotty relations, can India & China chart a new course?
Amid knotty relations, can India & China chart a new course? Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- Liverpool comedian Ken Dodd is tickled pink on return to old school
The Squire of Knotty Ash cut the ribbon at the official opening of a new sensory garden Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- India and China look to put knotty relations on new footing
By Rupam Jain Nair AHMEDABAD India (Reuters) - The electricity board in this Indian city has been instructed to avoid any power cuts and officials have been told to have their shoes polished and their shirts tucked in: Nothing has been left to chance for this week's visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping. India's new prime minister, Narendra Modi, is determ Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'