Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster, Caithness. It used
- Knotty Ash: Coordinates: 53°24′47″N 2°53′24″W / 53.413°N 2.890°W / 53.413; -2.890 Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool, Merseyside, England and a Liverpool City Council
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 Municipal elections from
- Knotty Green: Coordinates: 51°37′19″N 0°39′18″W / 51.622°N 0.655°W / 51.622; -0.655 Knotty Green is a rural hamlet in Buckinghamshire, situated on the outskirts of
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snails with an operculum, aquatic gastropod molluscs or micromolluscs
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash railway station was a station located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool, England
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'
Knotty Sample Sentences in News
- Burl bowls present knotty timing issue
Wearing earphones, safety goggles and protective clothing, Mike Trucco tears into the tree burl like a butcher breaking down a side of beef. Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- Unraveling a knotty problem
Folger exhibition recalls the history of the quest for an instrument to determine longitude at sea. Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- Unboiled Egg Untangles a Knotty Protein Problem
A new machine could help biotech with a faster, cheaper way to purify proteins -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'