Knotty Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- making great mental demands; hard to comprehend or solve; "a baffling problem"; "I faced the knotty problem of what to have for breakfast"; "a problematic situation at home"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by lab
- used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Knotty'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Knotty'
- Knotty: The game of knotty is a Scottish team sport. It is a variation of the game of shinty as played in the fishing communities of Lybster , ...
- Knotty Ash: Knotty Ash is an area of Liverpool , Merseyside , England and a Liverpool City Council Ward , it was historically within the county of ...
- Knotty Green: Knotty Green is a rural hamlet in Buckinghamshire , situated on the outskirts of historic market town Beaconsfield and in the parish of ...
- Knotty pebblesnail: The knotty pebblesnail, scientific name Somatogyrus constrictus, of minute freshwater snail s with an operculum , aquatic gastropod ...
- Knotty Head: Knotty Head was at one point the deepest oil well in the Gulf of Mexico . It is drilled in 3500 | ft | 0 | abbr on of water and 30589 | ft ...
- Knotty Ash (ward): Knotty Ash is a Liverpool City Council Ward in the Liverpool West Derby Parliamentary constituency. It was formed for the 2004 ...
- Knotty Ash railway station: Knotty Ash railway station was a station located on the North Liverpool Extension Line to the north of the East Prescot Road , Knotty Ash ...
- St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash: St John the Evangelist, Knotty Ash, is a church in the Knotty Ash area of Liverpool , Merseyside , England . It is on Thomas Lane and was ...
Words and phrases related to 'Knotty'
Knotty Sample Sentences in News
- Austin, This is Knot Your Typical Patio
AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Renaissance Austin Hotel proudly announces its new concept: The Knotty Deck. A playful, urban treehouse feel that is sure to become an Austinite favorite for drinks and grub, will provide out-of-town visitors with a true Austin experience, located at 9721 Arboretum Blvd. At this unique patio and veranda co Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- GT says knotty confidential pact rules out bankruptcy explanation
Apple Inc supplier GT Advanced Technologies Inc argued on Thursday it could not reveal why it filed for bankruptcy and is asking the court to keep crucial documents sealed, a highly unusual situation that may keep investors in the dark as to the cause of its financial implosion. The company, which had been slated to provide Apple with scratch-resistant sapphire fo Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'
- Knotty Oakers chop down volleyball Mounties
WOONSOCKET — As soon as the final point fell to the floor, spelling Mount St. Charles’ 3-1 Division I crossover loss to Coventry High on Wednesday night, head coach Josh D’Abate led his kids to the other side of the gymnasium, beyond the canvas divider, for a team meeting. Read more on this news related to 'Knotty'