Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Killjoy'
Killjoy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : someone who spoils the pleasure of others [syn: spoilsport,
wet blanket, party pooper]
"Kill-joy" web1913 "Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)"
Kill-joy \Kill"-joy`\, n.
One who causes gloom or grief; a dispiriting person. --W.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Killjoy'
- Killjoy: A killjoy is a person who is anti-fun, or prevents others from having fun. Killjoy may refer to: In music: Killjoy (album), an album by ...
- Killjoy (2000 film): Killjoy is a 2000 slasher film directed by Craig Ross, starring Ángel Vargas. Its sequel, Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil was released ...
- Killjoy (album): Killjoy is the second full-length album released by New Zealand band, Shihad . This album was released in May 1995. It is their first ...
- Killjoy (musician): Killjoy, born Frank Pucci (on November 4, 1969 in Cleveland, Ohio ) is the lead vocalist for the death metal band Necrophagia , and he is ...
- The Killjoys (Canadian band): The Killjoys were a Canadian alternative rock band formed in 1992. Their first album was Starry , released in 1994, followed by Gimme ...
- Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil: Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil is a 2002 slasher film and sequel to Full Moon 's smash urban horror hit, Killjoy . Plot: The film begins ...
- The Killjoys (UK band): The Killjoys were a punk rock /new wave band from Birmingham , England , formed in 1976, with members including Kevin Rowland and Kevin " ...
- The Killjoys (Australian band): The Killjoys was a band formed in Melbourne , Australia , in the late 1980s. The core of the band was Anna Burley (vocals) and Craig ...
Words and phrases related to 'Killjoy'
Killjoy Sample Sentences in News
- ‘Killjoy’ council scuppers village street party
‘KILLJOYS’ at County Hall have told a landlord he must fork out for £5m insurance, to stage a street party to mark a village festival. Read more on this news related to 'Killjoy'
- Noting small sample size does not make one a killjoy
Weird article at Grantland. In it Jay Caspian Kang takes issue with people who make note of small sample sizes. The example: Yasiel Puig. What he’s doing is amazing and, of course, we know that in all likelihood he will not maintain his blazing hot start. But pointing that out — by uttering the “annoying, almost… Read more on this news related to 'Killjoy'
- Yasiel Puig inspires a grindcore band called “Puig Destroyer”
And the first song from them — “One Man, Five Tools” — can be heard over at Productive Outs. I’d review the song in an objective, non-fan boyish way, but the last thing I want is to be accused of being a killjoy again, so allow me to say that it’s the greatest song in… Read more on this news related to 'Killjoy'