Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Juncture'
Juncture Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- an event that occurs at a critical time; "at such junctures he always had an impulse to leave"; "it was needed only on special occasions" [syn: occasion]
- a crisis situation or point in time when a critical decision must be made; "at that juncture he had no idea what to do"; "he must be made to realize that the company stands at a critical point" [syn: critical point, crossroads]
- the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made [syn: articulation, join, joint, junction]
- Juncture \Junc"ture\, n. [L. junctura, fr. jungere to join. See
- A joining; a union; an alliance. [Obs.] ``Devotional compliance and juncture of hearts.'' --Eikon Basilike.
- The line or point at which two bodies are joined; a joint; an articulation; a seam; as, the junctures of a vessel or of the bones. --Boyle.
- A point of time; esp., one made critical or important by a concurrence of circumstances; hence, a crisis; an exigency. ``Extraordinary junctures.'' --Addison. In such a juncture, what can the most plausible and refined philosophy offer? -- Berkeley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Juncture'
Words and phrases related to 'Juncture'
Juncture Sample Sentences in News
- EURUSD at Most Important Juncture in Years
EURUSD at Most Important Juncture in Years Read more on this news related to 'Juncture'
- Ichimoku Shows USDOLLAR Sitting At Key Juncture
Ichimoku Shows USDOLLAR Sitting At Key Juncture Read more on this news related to 'Juncture'
- US patience better than pressure for Afghan security deal
Afghanistan is at a critical juncture. The first peaceful, democratic transfer of power following decades of violence appears poised to occur after April’s presidential elections. NATO forces are already substantially reduced, with a complete withdrawal of combat forces set for the end of 2014. All Afghan socioeconomic indicators show vast improvement since 2001 Read more on this news related to 'Juncture'