Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Junction'
Junction Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the place where two or more things come together
- the state of being joined together [syn: conjunction, conjugation, colligation]
- the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made [syn: articulation, join, joint, juncture]
- something that joins or connects [syn: conjunction]
- an act of joining or adjoining things [syn: adjunction]
- Junction \Junc"tion\, n. [L. junctio, fr. jungere, junctum, to
join: cf. F. jonction. See Join.]
- The act of joining, or the state of being joined; union; combination; coalition; as, the junction of two armies or detachments; the junction of paths.
- The place or point of union, meeting, or junction; specifically, the place where two or more lines of railway meet or cross. Junction plate (Boilers), a covering or break-join plate riveted to and uniting the edges of sheets which make a butt joint. Junction rails (Railroads), the switch, or movable, rails, connecting one line of track with another.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Junction'
- Junction: Junction may refer to: Junction (traffic) where traffic routes cross: Junction (canal), a canal junction. Junction (rail), a railroad/railway junction ...
- Junction (rail): A junction, in the context of rail transport , is a place at which two or more rail routes converge or diverge. This implies a physical ...
- Junction (traffic): A junction, when discussed in the context of transport , is a location where traffic can change between different routes, directions, or ...
- P-n junction: A p–n junction is formed by joining P-type and N-type semiconductors together in very close contact. The term junction refers to the ...
- Junction (road): A road junction is a location where vehicular traffic going in different directions can proceed in a controlled manner designed to ...
- Junction, Texas: Junction is a city in and the county seat of Kimble County , Texas , United States . 6 The population was 2,618 at the 2000 census . ...
- The Junction: The Junction is a neighbourhood in Toronto , Ontario , Canada , that is near the junction of four railway lines in the area known as the ...
- Triple junction: A triple junction is the point where the boundaries of three tectonic plate s meet. At the triple junction a boundary will be one of 3 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Junction'