Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Jovian'
Jovian Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- of or pertaining to or characteristic of or resembling the planet Jupiter; "Jovian satellites"
- of or pertaining to or befitting the Roman deity Jupiter; "Jovian thunderbolts"; "Jovian wrath"
- Jovian \Jo"vi*an\, a.
Of or pertaining to Jove, or Jupiter (either the deity or the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Jovian'
- Jovian: Jovian is the adjectival form of the god or planet Jupiter. Its archaic form is Jovial. People named Jovian include: Jovian (Emperor), ...
- Jovian (Emperor): Flavius Jovianus (331 – 17 February 364), commonly known as Jovian, was Roman Emperor from 363 to 364. Jovian was hastily declared ...
- Jovians and Herculians: The Jovians (Ioviani) and Herculians (Latin: Herculiani) were the senior palatine imperial guard units of the Emperors of the late Roman ...
- Jovian (fiction): In science fiction , a Jovian is an inhabitant of the planet Jupiter . Jovians in literature : In H. P. Lovecraft 's Cthulhu Mythos (1928 ...
- Jovian Chronicles: Jovian Chronicles is a science fiction game setting published by Dream Pod 9 since 1992. It introduces a complete universe for role- ...
- Jovian Storm: Jovian Storm was a progressive rock band from the 1990s, established in Atlanta, GA (USA). Founding member Joel Kosche , who made his ...
Words and phrases related to 'Jovian'
Jovian Sample Sentences in News
- Does an icy Jupiter moon harbor life? NASA seeking ideas for Europa mission.
The space agency is looking for proposals for instruments to be carried aboard a space probe to Europa, a Jovian moon thought to harbor a liquid ocean beneath its ice. Read more on this news related to 'Jovian'
- NASA tests under-ice rover for future Europa missions
One of the most enticing targets for future space exploration in our own cosmic backyard is the Jovian moon Europa. It’s the only object in the solar system where we know there is […] Read more on this news related to 'Jovian'