Jeopardize Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- put at risk; "I will stake my good reputation for this"
- pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Jeopardize'?
Words and phrases related to 'Jeopardize'
Jeopardize Sample Sentences in News
- Date of Army game could jeopardize Navy's CFP bowl eligibility
The timing of the annual rivalry game could hurt Navy's chances of playing in a New Year’s Six bowl game. Read more on this news related to 'Jeopardize'
- Gitmo officer: Limits on female guards put mission at risk
FORT MEADE, Md. (AP) — The commander of a top-secret Guantanamo prison housing unit testified Wednesday that two court orders barring female guards from jobs requiring physical contact with certain Muslim detainees could jeopardize the safety of his operation by limiting his staffing options. Read more on this news related to 'Jeopardize'
- Obama: New sanctions "might jeopardize" Iran nuclear deal
President Obama urges Congress to hold off on new sanctions against Iran while negotiations over that country's nuclear program continue, saying there will be plenty of time for new sanctions later if a deal fails to materialize. Read more on this news related to 'Jeopardize'