Jeopardize Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- put at risk; "I will stake my good reputation for this"
- pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Jeopardize'?
Words and phrases related to 'Jeopardize'
Jeopardize Sample Sentences in News
- Germanwings Update: Andreas Lubitz Feared ‘Medical Problems' Would Jeopardize His Career, Report Says
Germanwings Flight 9525 co-pilot Andreas Lubitz is suspected to have crashed the plane because he “feared that his medical problems would endanger his fitness to fly,” CNN reported Tuesday, citing German newspaper Bild. The 27-year-old had been treated for suicidal tendencies years before last week’s crash, German prosecutors said Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Jeopardize'
- Lawsuit vs anti-Iran group is dismissed over U.S. state secrets
By Jonathan Stempel NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. government on Monday won the dismissal of a private defamation lawsuit against an influential anti-Iran advocacy group, after claiming that the case could jeopardize U.S. national security by revealing state secrets. U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos in Manhattan agreed with the Department of Justice that letting G Read more on this news related to 'Jeopardize'
- Senate approves cityhood for LaVista Hills and Tucker
The Senate voted to approve the cities of LaVista Hills and Tucker. A dispute over the cities’ borders could jeopardize both bills’ chances of passing. Read more on this news related to 'Jeopardize'