Isobar Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- an isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time
Definitions from Wiktionary
- (meteorology)an isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Isobar'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Isobar'
- Isobar: Isobar may refer to: Isobar (meteorology), a line connecting points of equal atmospheric pressure Isobar (nuclide), one of multiple nuclides with the same
- Isobar (company): Isobar is a full service global digital marketing agency with a total of 63 offices in 41 markets worldwide. The agency is a wholly owned subsidiary of
- Isobar (nuclide): meanings, see Isobar. Isobars are atoms (nuclides) of different chemical elements that have the same number of nucleons. Correspondingly, isobars differ in
- Isobar Australia: Isobar Australia (formerly Visual Jazz Isobar) is a digital creative agency originally founded by David Stephenson, Konrad Spilva and Brett White in 2001
- Isobaric labeling: Isobaric labeling is a mass spectrometry strategy used in quantitative proteomics. Peptides or proteins are labeled with various chemical groups that are
- Mattauch isobar rule: The Mattauch isobar rule, formulated by Josef Mattauch in 1934, states that if two adjacent elements on the periodic table have isotopes of the same mass
- Radius of outermost closed isobar: The radius of outermost closed isobar (ROCI) is one of the quantities used to determine the size of a tropical cyclone. It is determined by measuring the
- Isobaric: Isobaric (meaning of the same weight or pressure) may refer to: in thermodynamics, an isobaric process, i.e., one that is carried out at constant pressure;
- Isobaric process: An isobaric process is a thermodynamic process in which the pressure stays constant: ΔP = 0. The term derives from the Greek iso- (equal) and baros (weight)
- Isothermal–isobaric ensemble: The isothermal–isobaric ensemble (constant temperature and constant pressure ensemble) is a statistical mechanical ensemble that maintains constant temperature
Words and phrases related to 'Isobar'
Isobar Sample Sentences in News
- Save the Children ad compares life in Australia for children to those in developing countries
Charity Save the Children has unveiled a campaign showcasing the life many children overseas face in an effort to raise funds over the Christmas period. Created by Isobar, the ad juxtaposes life for children in Australia and what is reality elsewhere, with a young girl waking up in an Australian bedroom. As she walks through […] The post Save the Children ad com Read more on this news related to 'Isobar'
- Google Project Tango orders arriving for developers
Google's Project Tango has begun shipping, with the 3D tracking tablet arriving on developers' desks this week as they get started on new ways to blend the real-world with its digital counterpart. Pre-orders of the NVIDIA-powered Android slate began midway through this month, at a not-inconsiderable $1,024, though the sales window wasn't kept open for Read more on this news related to 'Isobar'