Islet Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a small island
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a small island
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Islet'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Islet'
- Islet: with eyelet. For the Welsh indie band, see Islet (band). For human anatomy, see Islets of Langerhans. An islet is a very small island. As suggested
- Islet cell carcinoma: Islet cell carcinoma or nesidioblastoma is an uncommon cancer of the endocrine pancreas. It accounts for approximately 1.3% of pancreatic cancer. The
- Harilaid (islet): Harilaid (Swedish Hares, formerly Gräsö) is small uninhabited island in Estonia. It lies about 4 kilometres west of the island of Vormsi. It should not
- Skull Islet: Skull Islet is a small islet just off the shore of South Pender Island in British Columbia. It is on the east side of Bedwell Harbour. Skull Islet is part
- List of Cyprus islets: This is a list of islets of Cyprus. Ayios Georgios (Yeoryios), islet located in the Akamas peninsula Aspro, islet located in the Karpasia peninsula Dhemoniaris
- Islets of Langerhans: with Langerhans cells, found in the epidermis. The islets of Langerhans are the regions of the pancreas that contain its endocrine
- Boundary Islet: Boundary Islet, historically known as North East Islet, is a Hogan Group islet of less than two hectares (4.9 acres) that straddles the border of the
- Boğsak Islet: (Turkish: Boğsak Adası) is a Mediterranean islet in Mersin Province, Turkey. The 7 hectares (17 acres) islet is located 200 metres (660 ft) off shore
Islet Sample Sentences in News
- Islet cell transplantation restores type 1 diabetics' blood sugar defense mechanisms
Type 1 diabetes patients who have developed low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) as a complication of insulin treatments over time are able to regain normal internal recognition of the condition after receiving pancreatic islet cell transplantation, according to a new study. Read more on this news related to 'Islet'
- Pancreatic Islet Cell Transplantation Restores Type 1 Diabetes Patients' Ability to Defend Against Life-Threatening ...
PHILADELPHIA — Type 1 diabetes (T1D) patients who have developed low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) as a complication of insulin treatments over time are able to regain normal internal recognition of the condition after receiving pancreatic islet cell transplantation, according to a new study led by researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Read more on this news related to 'Islet'
- Islet Holdings, Inc. Adds New Business Pursuits
Islet Holdings, Inc. recently announced that the Company would expand its business plan to pursue additional and new medical technologies and products. Read more on this news related to 'Islet'