Islet Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a small island
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a small island
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Islet'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Islet'
- Islet: with eyelet. For the Welsh indie band, see Islet (band). For human anatomy, see Islets of Langerhans. An islet is a very small island. As suggested
- Harilaid (islet): Harilaid (Swedish Hares, formerly Gräsö) is small uninhabited island in Estonia. It lies about 4 kilometres west of the island of Vormsi. It should not
- Skull Islet: Skull Islet is a small islet just off the shore of South Pender Island in British Columbia. It is on the east side of Bedwell Harbour. Skull Islet is part
- List of Cyprus islets: This is a list of islets of Cyprus. Ayios Georgios (Yeoryios), islet located in the Akamas peninsula Aspro, islet located in the Karpasia peninsula Dhemoniaris
- Islets of Langerhans: with Langerhans cells, found in the epidermis. The islets of Langerhans are the regions of the pancreas that contain its endocrine
- Boundary Islet: Boundary Islet, historically known as North East Islet, is a Hogan Group islet of less than two hectares (4.9 acres) that straddles the border of the
- Boğsak Islet: (Turkish: Boğsak Adası) is a Mediterranean islet in Mersin Province, Turkey. The 7 hectares (17 acres) islet is located 200 metres (660 ft) off shore
- Gros Islet: Gros Islet (English: Large Island) is a community located near the northern tip of the island country of Saint Lucia. Originally a quiet fishing village
Islet Sample Sentences in News
- Islet Sciences, Inc. COO to Present at Metabolic Leaders Forum
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Islet Sciences, Inc. (OTCQB:ISLT), a biopharmaceutical company developing new medicines and technologies for the treatment of metabolic disease, announced today that Chief Operating Officer, ... Read more on this news related to 'Islet'
- Islet Holdings, Inc. Continues With Pursuing Damages in Federal Court
DENVER -- Islet Holdings, Inc. (OTC:ISHI) ("the Company") previously announced that in August 2012, the Company and its subsidiary filed a complaint in Federal District Court for the District ... Read more on this news related to 'Islet'
- Islet Sciences Enters Into Exclusive License Agreement for Phase 2 SGLT2 Inhibitor Remogliflozin Etabonate
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Islet Sciences, Inc. (OTCQB:ISLT), a biopharmaceutical company developing new medicines and technologies for the treatment of metabolic disease, announced today that it has entered into ... Read more on this news related to 'Islet'