Islet Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a small island
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a small island
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Islet'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Islet'
- Islet: with eyelet. For the Welsh indie band, see Islet (band). For human anatomy, see Islets of Langerhans. An islet is a very small island. As suggested
- Harilaid (islet): Harilaid (Swedish Hares, formerly Gräsö) is small uninhabited island in Estonia. It lies about 4 kilometres west of the island of Vormsi. It should not
- Skull Islet: Skull Islet is a small islet just off the shore of South Pender Island in British Columbia. It is on the east side of Bedwell Harbour. Skull Islet is part
- List of Cyprus islets: This is a list of islets of Cyprus. Ayios Georgios (Yeoryios), islet located in the Akamas peninsula Aspro, islet located in the Karpasia peninsula Dhemoniaris
- Islet cell carcinoma: Islet cell carcinoma or nesidioblastoma is an uncommon cancer of the endocrine pancreas. It accounts for approximately 1.3% of pancreatic cancer. The
- Islets of Langerhans: with Langerhans cells, found in the epidermis. The islets of Langerhans are the regions of the pancreas that contain its endocrine
- Boğsak Islet: (Turkish: Boğsak Adası) is a Mediterranean islet in Mersin Province, Turkey. The 7 hectares (17 acres) islet is located 200 metres (660 ft) off shore
- Boundary Islet: Boundary Islet, historically known as North East Islet, is a Hogan Group islet of less than two hectares (4.9 acres) that straddles the border of the
Islet Sample Sentences in News
- Scientists Raise Alarm that Shortage of Human Islet Cells Will Slow Diabetes Research
Rohit Kulkarni, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Investigator in the Section on Islet Cell and Regenerative Biology at Joslin Diabetes Center and Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School, coauthored a paper that was published today in Diabetes, which voiced concerns about the increasing difficulty of access to high quality islet cells for diabetes research. Read more on this news related to 'Islet'
- ViaCyte Receives U.S. Patent Claiming Alternative Methods to Manufacture Pancreatic Progenitor Cells In Vitro
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ViaCyte, Inc., a privately-held regenerative medicine company developing a stem cell-derived islet replacement therapy for the treatment of diabetes, announced today it has been granted U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. These methods further strengthen ViaCyte's intellectual property platform, providing alternative wa Read more on this news related to 'Islet'
- ViaCyte to Present at 26th Annual Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference
SAN DIEGO, Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ViaCyte, Inc., a privately-held regenerative medicine company developing a stem cell-derived islet replacement therapy for the treatment of diabetes, today announced ... Read more on this news related to 'Islet'