Ironically Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in an ironic manner; "she began to mimic him ironically"
- contrary to plan or expectation; "ironically, he ended up losing money under his own plan"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ironically'?
Ironically Sample Sentences in News
- Arguments against water fluoridation are just folklore
The campaign against the fluoridation of water is communicating a form of modern folklore. And ironically, it is likely that Google and Facebook are reinforcing such beliefs Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'
- Engineers find a way to win in laser performance by losing
Engineers have shown a new way to reverse or eliminate loss by, ironically, adding loss to a laser system to actually reap energy gains. To help laser systems overcome loss, operators often pump the system with an overabundance of photons, or light packets, to achieve optical gain. But now engineers have shown a new way to reverse or eliminate such loss by, ironic Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'
- Work with local realtors to create best marketing plan for your home
As I was writing this column, ironically I was receiving a voice message from Zillow offering me a “zip code” that they would feature me in if I paid them a nice fee. There are dozens of Internet sites that reveal how much your home is worth. These tools crunch their data with publicly available ... The post Work with local realtors to create best marketing pl Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'