Ironically Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in an ironic manner; "she began to mimic him ironically"
- contrary to plan or expectation; "ironically, he ended up losing money under his own plan"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ironically'?
Ironically Sample Sentences in News
- Passenger Stuck With $1,171 Wi-Fi Bill On Singapore Airlines Flight
Ironically, while many airlines are increasingly shelling out on in-flight entertainment services such as Wi-Fi, many carriers concede they aren’t making much money offering Internet connectivity. Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'
- 2 Kids from Senegal Were Beaten Up in NYC by Classmates Yelling ‘Ebola’
Ironically, Senegal is Ebola-free and has been widely praised for its response to the disease Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'
- What Are the 5 Steps for Changing Bad Habits Into Good Ones?
Ironically, studies show saying “I’ll never do that again” makes you even more likely to do that again. About 40% of the actions we perform in a day are habits. So we’re on autopilot almost half the time. Let’s round up the research on bad habits and good habits and learn the best way to… Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'