Ironically Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- in an ironic manner; "she began to mimic him ironically"
- contrary to plan or expectation; "ironically, he ended up losing money under his own plan"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ironically'?
Ironically Sample Sentences in News
- 2 Kids from Senegal Were Beaten Up in NYC by Classmates Yelling ‘Ebola’
Ironically, Senegal is Ebola-free and has been widely praised for its response to the disease Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'
- 'McCarthys' inspired by creator's modern family
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After the sitcom "Happy Endings" was, ironically, abruptly canceled, writer Brian Gallivan looked close to home for his next gig: His own family inspired "The McCarthys," a new CBS comedy about sports-obsessed brood with one gay son. Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'
- New Denver medical examiner opens up morgue for public to view
DENVER — Ironically, the medical examiner in Denver opens up the morgue every Halloween allowing the public to see exactly how the work is done by his staff. “With some 600,000 people in Denver, we stay busy, doing probably three to six examinations and autopsies a day,” said new Chief Medical Examiner James Caruso. “Our […] Read more on this news related to 'Ironically'