Irk Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- irritate or vex; "It galls me that we lost the suit"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Irk'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Irk'
- River Irk: "Irk" redirects here. For other uses, see Irk (disambiguation). The River Irk is a river in North West England that flows through the northern suburbs
- Kirksville Regional Airport: "IRK" redirects here. For other uses, see Irk (disambiguation). Kirksville Regional Airport (IATA: IRK, ICAO: KIRK, FAA LID: IRK) is a city owned, public
- Irk (disambiguation): "Irked" redirects here. See below for uses of "irked". Irk may refer to: River Irk, a river in northwest England Kirksville Regional Airport, Kirksville
- Irk Valley Junction rail crash: The Irk Valley Junction rail crash occurred on 15 August 1953 at Collyhurst, just over a mile from Manchester Victoria station. At that point, the electrified
- Irk Bitig: Irk Bitig or Irq Bitig (Old Turkic: 𐰃𐰺𐰴 𐰋𐰃𐱅𐰃𐰏), known as the Book of Omens or Book of Divination in English, is a 9th-century manuscript book
- Irkutsk Oblast: 2/sq mi) - Urban 79.6% - Rural 20.4% Time zone(s) IRKT (UTC+08:00) ISO 3166-2 RU-IRK License plates 38 Official languages Russian Official website
Words and phrases related to 'Irk'
Irk Sample Sentences in News
- China's 'dancing grannies' irk neighbors, face new rules
BEIJING (AP) — Along with two dozen of her fellow "dancing grannies," 60-year-old Zhang Jinsu twirls and steps her way every night across a central Beijing plaza, sometimes gliding over the pavement like a butterfly, at other times marching with a plastic rifle. Read more on this news related to 'Irk'
- Faulty traffic lights irk road users
Ferth Vandensteen Manaysay GUAGUA -- Faulty traffic light sequences have been identified as the reason for worsening traffic congestion in the Guagua-Sta. Rita Intersection, according to a councilor, who is pushing for new measures after receiving several complaints from motorists. Read more on this news related to 'Irk'
- Britain says to 'beef up' defence of disputed Falkland Islands
Britain plans to "beef up" its defences of the disputed Falkland Islands to ensure they are properly protected, Defence Secretary Michael Fallon said on Tuesday, in comments likely to irk Argentina which still lays claim to the archipelago. Read more on this news related to 'Irk'